Forum Series Implementation Committee (FSIC)
Deliverables and Expectations
- Solicit from the Society membership, including Technical Directors, section officers and Forum participants, topics for future Forums;
- Identify and recommend topics and draft abstracts for Forums for the following year to the FSCC for review and approval Identify and submit recommendations for Chairpersons of approved Forums
- In the role of FSIC Liaison:
- review with the Chairpersons of each Forum the plans and scheduling for individual Forums
- attend or participate by teleconference individual Forum Steering Committee meetings and ensure that the scheduling and planning for each Forum is handled in accordance with policies and guidelines
- attend the Forum itself and act as coach and mentor to the Steering Committee
- prepare and submit a report on the Forum
- Submit recommendations on how to improve the Forum Series to FSCC
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong desire to see the Forum Series meet the goals set out in the Forum Series Guidelines
- Prefer experience as a chairperson of a Forum Steering Committee
- Prefer past involvement in multiple Forums
Expected Time Commitment
- Attend 2 meetings per year , in person or by teleconference, with one held at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition
- As Liaison for a Forum Steering Committee, coach the Forum Chairperson, and participate, inperson or by phone, at least 4-5 individual Forum Steering Committee meetings over a 7-9 month period
- Attend the 5-day Forum itself as Liaison
About the committee
The Forum Series Implementation Committee is responsible for implementing the SPE Forum Series program, including the planning and conduct of Forums under policies and guidelines approved by the SPE Board of Directors.
The Forum Series Implementation Committees consist of 6 to 9 members. There are presently 2 implementation committees—one for the Western Hemisphere (FSIC-WH) and one for the Eastern Hemisphere (FSIC-EH). Appointments are made by the FSIC-WH and FSIC-EH Chairpersons. Terms are 3 years.
The Chairperson is appointed by the President-elect, usually from among members of the Committee. The Chairperson also serves as a member of the Forum Series Coordinating Committee (FSCC). Ideally, committee members should have extensive experience with the Forum Series.