Deliverables and Expectations
- Participate in monthly teleconferences (because we prefer global representation, some members will find that meetings are held very early or late in the day, depending on the time zone in which they live)
- Attend face-to-face meeting held during SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (if travel permits)
- Contribute to committee activities and brainstorming (approximately 60 hours per year)
Qualifications and Experience
- Section leadership experience required, preferably as Membership or Section Chair
- Interest in recruiting and retaining members for SPE
- Knowledge of SPE's programs and services available only to members
Expected Time Commitment
It is not mandatory to physically attend committee meetings although it is encouraged when possible. Much of the committee work can be accomplished successfully through other means of communication (facsimile, email, and teleconference).
- 12 hours participating in monthly teleconferences
- 25-30 hours annually working on committee projects
About the committee
The committee is composed of 15 members plus a chairperson. Effort should be made to include one representative from each SPE Region. Additionally, one member must serve as the chairperson of the Twenty-Five Year Club Subcommittee. Each member will serve for three years, with approximately one third of members leaving the committee each year. Terms of office expire at the conclusion of the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition. The committee may select a vice-chairperson. This person would ideally be the chairperson the following year.
The Twenty-Five Year Club Subcommittee is an official subcommittee of the Membership Committee. The subcommittee is led by a chairperson who is also a voting member of the Membership Committee. The subcommittee is composed of at least four additional members and may have up to ten additional members.
Reports to: Board Committee on Member Programs