Section and Chapter Activities Committee
The committee reviews and makes recommendations for all SPE programs which support SPE section and chapter operations with the exception of the Distinguished Lecturer program. The committee will also be responsible for annually selecting winners of section and chapter awards, as well as any other forms of section recognition that might be established, pending Board approval.
The committee is composed of up to 16 members plus a chairperson, for a maximum total of 17 possible members. Ideally should be made to include representatives from each major continent, with preference given to past section and chapter officers. A vice-chairperson will be appointed by the President-elect each year and will normally be the chairperson the following year. Terms are for three years and are staggered so that approximately one-third of the committee rolls off each year. Terms of office expire immediately following ATCE.
Committee Position Description
Deliverables and Expectations
- Participate in monthly teleconferences (because we prefer global representation, some members will find that meetings are held very early or late in the day, depending on the time zone in which they live)
- Attend face-to-face meeting held during SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition (if travel permits)
- Contribute to committee activities and brainstorming (approximately 60 hours per year)
Qualifications and Experience
- Section or chapter leadership experience preferred, preferably as a Section Officer or previous
- Knowledge of SPE’s programs and services available only to members
- Knowledge of SPE section and chapter operations
Expected Time Commitment
It is not mandatory to physically attend the annual committee meeting although it is encouraged when possible. Much of the committee work can be accomplished successfully through other means of communication (email and teleconference).
- 18 hours participating in monthly teleconferences
- 42 hours annually working on committee projects