Young Professional Coordinating Committee Position
Deliverables and Expectations
- Monthly status report via email – due on the second Tuesday of each month. This is a short report, perhaps a few bullet points, that lists the status of your action items. If you are late, the Chair or Chair-Elect will call you. This status report provides a channel to make suggestions, propose new initiatives, submit ideas for discussion, or challenge the status quo.
- Attendance to bi-monthly teleconferences – usually the third Tuesday of every other month. Except under extreme circumstances, you should not miss more than 2 teleconferences. You are requested to step down if you miss 3 teleconferences.
- Action items delivered by their agreed-upon deadline. In order to move committee business forward, mutually agreed actions must be committed to and delivered upon. If you are unable to complete your action items by their deadline, you should delegate those actions to another member. Please copy the The Young Professionals (YP) Coordinating Committee (YPCC) leadership team when delegating any actions so clear responsibility and accountability is maintained.
Qualifications and Experience
- Preferred previous experience on the Section YP Committee
- Personal interest in developing university students and young professionals
- 35 years old or younger
Expected Time Commitment
- The YP Coordinating Committee will physically meet once per year, at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition.
- 1 hour bi-monthly teleconference
- Approximately 1 hour per week to complete action items
About the committee
YPCC is responsible for governing programs and activities directed towards YPs. The committee will serve as a resource to sections, section YP committees and publication committees pertaining to young professional initiatives and activities. The committee will guide the YP Network content and participation. The committee will make recommendations to the SPE Board of Directors as necessary to ensure YP programs have a continuous improvement strategy in place. The committee will develop activities and programs as necessary to enhance the career development of YPs. Activities to improve the industry image and attract young people will be supported.
The YP Coordinating Committee will physically meet once per year, at the SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, with other meetings held via teleconference.
The YPCC is composed of up to 15 members, one of whom serves as Chairperson. Members are appointed by the SPE President-Elect and serve 3-year terms. The Chairman will serve for 1 year, after which the Chairman-Elect will take over his/her duties and a new Chairman-Elect will be appointed. Committee members should have experience working on YP programs and should be 35 years old or younger.