Distinguished Achievement Award for Petroleum Engineering Faculty
The SPE Distinguished Achievement Award for Petroleum Engineering Faculty recognizes superiority in classroom teaching, excellence in research, significant contributions to the petroleum engineering profession and/or special effectiveness in advising and guiding students.
You may nominate someone if:
- You are an SPE member.
- You are the department head/dean of any school
listed online at Petroleum
Engineering and Technology Schools
- You have not nominated any other faculty member for the year.
You may nominate someone who:
- Is a living member of SPE.
- Has not already received this award.
- Is not on the current SPE Board of Directors, Distinguished Achievement Award for Petroleum Engineering Faculty committee or served in these positions during the past 2 years.
- Fill out nomination form.
- Complete all required information on nomination form; incomplete nominations will not be accepted.
- Include a complete statement of the reasons for proposing the candidate, with a record of the candidate's professional and industrial achievements in detail.
- Collaborate with colleagues to send letters supporting this nomination.
All information about the candidate and their qualifications for the award must be included on the online nomination form. Candidates will be sent an email requesting a CV/resume when you submit the nomination. Nominations and letters of recommendation are confidential. Candidates remain on the active consideration list for 3 years. If a candidate is not selected during the 3-year active consideration cycle, you can nominate them again if all other eligibility requirements are met.