Distinguished Service Award
The SPE Distinguished Service Award recognizes contributions to the Society that exhibit such exceptional devotion of time, effort, thought, and action as to set them apart from other contributions. Recipients of this award automatically become Distinguished Members.
- Must be a living member of SPE.
- Must demonstrate service beyond the acts of funding or endowing the Society.
A nominee is not eligible:
- If they have received the DeGolyer Distinguished Service Medal
- If they are on the current SPE Board of Directors, Distinguished Service award committee or those who have served in these positions during the past 2 years.
- Fill out nomination form.
- Complete all required information on nomination form; incomplete nominations will not be accepted.
- Include a complete statement of the reasons for proposing the candidate, with a record of the candidate's professional and industrial achievements in detail.
- Collaborate with colleagues to send letters supporting this nomination.
All information about the candidate and their qualifications for the award must be included on the online nomination form. Candidates will be sent an email requesting a CV/resume when you submit the nomination. Nominations and letters of recommendation are confidential. Candidates remain on the active consideration list for 3 years. If a candidate is not selected during the 3-year active consideration cycle, you can nominate them again if all other eligibility requirements are met.