Author a PetroBrief
SPE is currently accepting proposals for PetroBriefs. PetroBriefs are longer than a paper, but shorter than a full-length book. Designed to be digital first, PetroBriefs should be between 50 and 100 typeset pages in length and will be released in both a eBook and limited print-on-demand format.
The manuscript should be a concise presentation on a specific petroleum-related subject which readers can absorb with minimal time investment.
PetroBriefs can cover:
- A timely evaluation of the state of an existing petroleum-related technology
- A bridge between new research published in journal or conference paper and a fully developed textbook
- An in-depth case study
- A snapshot of a hot or emerging topic that is changing rapidly
- A concise presentation of core concepts that engineers and students should understand in order to further their careers
- A recent enhancement in petroleum technology which does not need in-depth discussion or a public comment period
- All proposals will be approved by the SPE Books Development Committee
- Both solicited and unsolicited manuscripts will be considered for publication
- For unsolicited manuscripts, fully developed manuscripts are preferred
- Manuscripts may be developed by individual authors or by designated SPE work groups and/or committees
- Authors should be highly experienced in their subject matter with no more than three authors per book
- Similar to all SPE book projects, the final manuscripts will be reviewed by a group of SMEs independent of the author(s)
- 3 suggested technical reviewers with CVs may be submitted with the proposed manuscript
- The author must obtain and provide proof of permission for all figures used in the book at the time of submission. All figures should be 300 dpi at print size
- The manuscript should be written to SPE specifications and may not be excessively commercial or overly self-promoting in nature.
Interested in publishing with SPE?
Contact our editorial department for more information at email@example.com.
(Please note: SPE is not currently accepting new textbook and monograph proposals)