Regional Technical Awards Criteria
The SPE Regional Technical Awards acknowledge exceptional contributions to the Society of Petroleum Engineers at the section or regional level and recognize singular devotion of time and effort to the programs and development of technical expertise.
About the Technical Discipline Awards
These awards cover the following nine disciplines:
- Completions Optimization and Technology | Past Recipients
- Data Science and Engineering Analytics | NEW THIS YEAR
- Drilling Engineering | Past Recipients
- Formation Evaluation | Past Recipients
- Health, Safety, and Environment | Past Recipients
- Management and Information (retired) | Past Recipients
- Management Award | NEW THIS YEAR
- Production and Operations | Past Recipients
- Projects, Facilities and Construction | Past Recipients
- Reservoir Description and Dynamics | Past Recipients
- Sustainability and Stewardship in the Oil and Gas Industry Award | Past Recipients
- Must be a paid, professional member.
- Must be residing in region for at least the most recent 12 months prior to award. Note: The region is determined by the section the nominee belongs to.
- Must not have served as an officer or director of the SPE International Board of Directors within 24 months of award.
- Must not be an Honorary Member.
- Must not be a recipient of:
- International award equivalent
- John Franklin Carll Distinguished Professional Award
- Lester C. Uren Technical Excellence Award
- DeGolyer Distinguished Service Medal
- Must not be a recipient of this same award in the region in the last 5 years.
- Cannot be a resident in any US or EU sanctioned country.
- Cannot nominate self.
- Go HERE to the nomination form. Or cut and paste the URL: https://spe-awards.secure-platform.com/a/organizations/main/home.
- Search for and select your candidate.
- Complete all required fields.
- At least 1 letter of support is required. You may request up to 6.
- A CV/resume is required. Your candidate will receive an email requesting a CV/resume.
- Submit the nomination before the deadline. Draft nominations will not be judged.
- Submitted nominations will remain active for:
- International – 3 years
- Regional – 1 year