ADVERTISEMENT


DNO

Norwegian operator DNO announced a two-thirds increase in production from the Peshkabir field in the Tawke license in the Kurdistan region of Iraq to 25,000 BOPD following completion of the Peshkabir-4 well-testing program. The well has been placed on production at a rate of 10,000 BOPD through temporary, capacity-constrained test facilities, with the oil being trucked to Fish Khabur for export. The Peshkabir-4 well was designed as a high-angle well to assess the central part of the structure 4 km west of the Peshkabir-3 well and drilled to a measured depth of 3525 m, including an 1150-m extended-reach reservoir section. A total of 11 zones were tested and flowed between 1,500 and 7,000 BOPD per zone. DNO operates and has a 75% interest in the Tawke license, which contains the Tawke and Peshkabir fields, with partner Genel Energy holding the remaining 25%. Together, output from the two fields has averaged 106,000 BOPD this year to date.


STAY CONNECTED

Don't miss out on the latest technology delivered to your email weekly.  Sign up for the JPT newsletter.  If you are not logged in, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click on to confirm you want to receive the newsletter.

 

ADVERTISEMENT