To inspire the next generation to get involved and solve problems through innovation, SPE and the International Association of Oil and Gas Producers (IOGP) have collaborated to launch the IOGP Outstanding Young Professional Award. The award will recognize achievements of E&P professionals who have fewer than 10 years of experience and have demonstrated outstanding talent, dedication, and leadership in at least one aspect of health, safety, security, the environment, and social responsibility. The winner will be announced at the SPE Health, Safety, Security, Environment, and Social Responsibility (HSSE-SR) Conference and Exhibition, which will be held in Stavanger from 11-13 April 2016.
How to Apply
To nominate someone, you must be an SPE member and have more than 10 years of experience. Nominations are open to all young professionals, both SPE members and non-members, who have fewer than 10 years of experience. Nominees should:
• Be well-respected and in good standing within the community
• Serve as a role model for other young professionals
• Demonstrate noteworthy professional and personal achievement
• Demonstrate commitment to excellence and proven leadership
• Exhibit expertise, passion, and the ability to inspire others
Nominators should include the nominee’s CV and complete the application form here.The deadline for nominations is 4 November.
The award committee, which consists of SPE members and IOGP officials, will select five finalists by 1 December. Each finalist will then be asked to submit a short video presentation in the style of a TED talk (no longer than 5 minutes and 1GB) that addresses the issue, “How innovation in HSSE-SR can make the oil and gas industry more sustainable and more acceptable to the wider world.” Creativity is encouraged in the making of the videos. All videos will be due by midnight on 8 January, and the award finalist will be notified 1 February.
At the Conference
The winner will be announced at the SPE HSSE-SR Conference in Stavanger and receive:
• IOGP Outstanding Young Professional Award certificate and trophy
• Complimentary registration to the conference
• A one-year membership to SPE
• An invitation to join the award and young professional committees for the 2018 SPE HSSE-SR Conference
• Recognition on the IOGP website and newsletter and on the SPE conference website
The 25th anniversary of the SPE HSSE-SR Conference and Exhibition will bring together experts from all over the world to share new ideas, process improvements, technological advancements, and innovative applications to enhance HSE performance. The theme for this year’s conference is “Sustaining Our Future through Innovation and Collaboration.” Learn more here.