SPE Student Dues Program
- Meet practicing professionals at meetings or society events
- Apply for a mentor and receive practical career advice
- Receive discounts on textbooks, reference books, and other Society publications
- Apply for a number of SPE scholarships, offered for both undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees related to the oil and gas industry
- Participate in various SPE programs: eMentoring, online communities and paper contests
- Have your dues paid by Chevron, corporate sponsor for SPE student dues program
- Participate with your University or Chapter by joining an SPE committee
- Must be enrolled in a university and carry at least 30% of a normal full-time academic load
- Must have a concentration in petroleum or a related field
- And at least one of the following:
- Be pursuing the equivalent to a bachelors or graduate degree
- Attend a university with an SPE established student chapter*
*SPE will contact your student chapter faculty sponsor to verify enrollment or request a copy of your current transcript or proof of enrollment.
Ensure you complete all pages of the online application process:
- Fill out your profile information
- Select your login password for spe.org
- Add any subscriptions to your order
- Select financial assistance or payment method
- Check out
- You will receive an immediate confirmation of membership upon submission.
Please note that 5% of your dues is allocated to your subscription to the Journal of Petroleum Technology and is not deductible or refundable.