SPE-CEDEP Safety Leadership Academy
Disciplines: Health, Safety, Environment, and Sustainability | Management
Become Part of a New Era of Safety Culture and Leadership
The oil and gas industry is experiencing significant changes: leaner work forces, greater demand for operational excellence. Here, together, we will innovate, strengthen leadership and safety culture challenged by ambiguity, complexity and uncertainty.
Join world class leadership experts from across the oil and gas industry for this disruptive safety leadership academy by SPE and CEDEP and supported by IOGP.
Exploring advanced leadership concepts and safety management practices it will build together a different mindset and culture required for putting cutting edge theories and models into practice.
Based on key SPE, IOGP and ERM reports, the programme will address the 5 obstacles identified to achieving zero harm:
- Ineffective leadership development
- Insufficient alignment and application of human factors
- Misalignment and confusion on the expectation of zero harm
- Inaccurate identification and management of risk
- Market pressure
Topics Covered: The program is uniquely built around Leading Self, Leading Others and Leading the Organization and includes foundational safety leadership and organization concepts including Safety II, Systems Thinking and Complex Systems Leadership, Transformational, Disruptive and Emergent Leaderships.
Course Objectives: Develop leadership capabilities in industry leaders to shift paradigms and make zero a reality within their organizations and beyond.
Intermediate to Advanced
Three program segments:
- Part 1: Residential 4-Day Course
- Part 2: In-Work Knowledge Use – In between Parts 1 & 3, participants apply their newly acquired knowledge to in-work organizational and personal strategic challenges with support and knowledge sharing through program community, dedicated webinars and frequent one-on-one coaching.
- Part 3: Residential 4-Day Course
- Unique gathering of participants from across the industry (IOC, NOC, independent operating companies, oil field service companies).
- Exposure to world class experts on leadership and safety on how to put cutting edge theories and models into effective, meaningful practice.
- A unique 3-phase structure for a proven reinforced learning experience resulting in fundamental change in the individual’s safety and leadership capabilities.
- Learning and personal development through individual and group coaching.
Middle and Senior-level Executives, including Operational Managers and Technical (HSE) Managers.
56 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) are awarded for this course.
Case Studies, Discussion, In-class Exercises, Lecture, Presentation, Field Trip and other unique, practical team-building events with social and community impact.
The Academy Includes:
Eight days of in-person, immersive learning and facilitated workshops from world experts in Safety Leadership and Executive Leadership Development. The eight days of immersive learning are divided over 2 four-day residential sessions.
- SPE-CEDEP-IOGP Safety Leadership certification on successful completion of the training program.
- Membership of the CEDEP alumni community and associated benefits
Participants at this academy are selected by the Academy Committee based on your qualifications. Attendance is limited to maximize each person’s opportunity to learn.
Accepted applicants will receive their registration form and other materials within two weeks of the application deadline. For those requiring visas to attend the academy, please ensure that you leave sufficient time for your visa to be processed.
Submit your information online. If you are having difficulties applying online, please contact Nils Kaageson-Loe to request an application form.
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be received by SPE in writing 4 weeks (28 days) in advance for a refund of the registration fee less a 25% cancellation penalty. NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED once the event is 4 weeks (28 days) out.
All cancellations must be received no later than 14 days prior to the course start date. Cancellations made after the 14-day window will not be refunded. Refunds will not be given due to no show situations.
Training sessions attached to SPE conferences and workshops follow the cancellation policies stated on the event information page. Please check that page for specific cancellation information.
SPE reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule courses at will. Notification of changes will be made as quickly as possible; please keep this in mind when arranging travel, as SPE is not responsible for any fees charged for cancelling or changing travel arrangements.
We reserve the right to substitute course instructors as necessary.
Program Director: Muriel Barnier; Instructors: External Faculties and O&G Guest Speakers