SPE-CEDEP Safety Leadership Academy
A unique and highly differentiating safety leadership training academy for the Oil & Gas industry supported by IOGP. Participants will develop leadership capabilities for changing the safety paradigm and make ZERO a reality within their organizations and beyond. The program is the realization and activation through leadership of the SPE ‘Getting to Zero and Beyond’ report, ERM 144 Report – Global Safety Survey, IOGP 452 and 453 reports and CEDEP’s extensive expertise on leadership development and learning. The uniqueness is the gathering of participants from across the industry over a 3-phase program to work together on common and emerging safety challenges and opportunities with exposure to world class experts on leadership and safety putting cutting edge theories and models into practice. The program includes individual and group coaching, going beyond traditional safety leadership and preparing managers to lead in a transforming world.
Topics Covered: The program is uniquely built around Leading Self, Leading Others and Leading the Organization and includes foundational safety leadership and organization concepts including Safety II, Systems Thinking and Complex Systems Leadership, Transformational, Disruptive and Emergent Leaderships.
Course Objectives: Develop leadership capabilities in industry leaders to shift paradigms and make zero a reality within their organizations and beyond.
Intermediate to Advanced
Three program segments:
- Part 1: Residential 4-Day Course
- Part 2: In-Work Knowledge Use – In between Parts 1 & 3, participants apply their newly acquired knowledge to in-work organizational and personal strategic challenges with support and knowledge sharing through program community, dedicated webinars and frequent one-on-one coaching.
- Part 3: Residential 4-Day Course
- Unique gathering of participants from across the industry (IOC, NOC, independent operating companies, oil field service companies).
- Exposure to world class experts on leadership and safety on how to put cutting edge theories and models into effective, meaningful practice.
- A unique 3-phase structure for a proven reinforced learning experience resulting in fundamental change in the individual’s safety and leadership capabilities.
- Learning and personal development through individual and group coaching.
Middle and Senior-level Executives, including Operational Managers and Technical (HSE) Managers.
56 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) are awarded for this course.
Case Studies, Discussion, In-class Exercises, Lecture, Presentation, Field Trip and other unique, practical team-building events with social and community impact.
The Academy Includes:
Eight days of in-person, immersive learning and facilitated workshops from world experts in Safety Leadership and Executive Leadership Development. The eight days of immersive learning are divided over 2 four-day residential sessions.
- SPE-CEDEP-IOGP Safety Leadership certification on successful completion of the training program.
- Membership of the CEDEP alumni community and associated benefits
Participants at this academy are selected by the Academy Committee based on your qualifications. Attendance is limited to maximize each person’s opportunity to learn.
Accepted applicants will receive their registration form and other materials within two weeks of the application deadline. For those requiring visas to attend the academy, please ensure that you leave sufficient time for your visa to be processed.
Submit your information online. If you are having difficulties applying online, please contact Nils Kaageson-Loe to request an application form.
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be received by SPE in writing 4 weeks (28 days) in advance for a refund of the registration fee less a 25% cancellation penalty. NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED once the event is 4 weeks (28 days) out.
Program Director: Muriel Barnier; Instructors: External Faculties and O&G Guest Speakers