3. Dubai SPE conducted a young professionals (YP) workshop titled “Vision 2020: Young Professionals Leading the Industry” in February in Dubai and more than 50 YPs from across the globe participated. The workshop began with an illusion show and an ice-breaking dinner. The workshop included six sessions aimed at developing YPs’ technical and soft skills:
- Technological Evolution to Meet the Energy Demand
- Health, Safety, and the Environment: A Way of Life
- It’s a Man’s World? Women’s Role in the Industry
- Balancing Your Professional and Personal Life
- A Win-Win Partnership: Current and Future Leaders
- Path to Excellence
Presentations were made by representatives from Saudi Aramco, Shell, Schlumberger, Adma-Opco, BP, Weatherford, and PDO and addressed topics ranging from contemporary issues such as the impact of the oil industry on the environment to motivational talks related to goals, success, and technical competency.
Team-building exercises and social activities were also conducted during the 4-day event, including an evening of skiing inside the Mall of the Emirates, a drumming session, and a “Mission Possible” event where the participants learned teamwork, leadership, and innovation skills while having fun.
For more information on the YP Chapter in Dubai, contact Katrine Wienberg at
—Katrine Weinberg, Maersk Oil Qatar
Don't miss our latest content, delivered to your inbox monthly. Sign up for the TWA newsletter. If you are not logged in, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click on to confirm you want to receive the newsletter.