IATMI Business Forum
Government and Industry Collaboration on Upstream and Downstream Gas Sector
Monday, 16 October | 0800-1200 | Hall P9 A & B, SKK Migas
Indonesia has established itself as an important supplier of natural gas for both the Global and Asia Pacific region throughout the years. In 2015, Indonesia was included in the Top 10 Natural Gas Producers in the world with 75 billion cubic meter of total estimated annual production. The country was also listed that year as the second largest natural gas producer in Asia Pacific.
On the other hand, natural gas average price in downstream selling point is about US$ 9.50 per MMBTU which is more or less double the upstream selling point price (US$ 4-5 per MMBTU). This price gap suggests potential efficiency improvements that may be applicable for natural gas businesses, particularly in the distribution and logistics system that is currently the main driver of the high price for natural gas. Main centers of Indonesian gas production such as Arun, Bontang, Tangguh and Natuna Island are located offshore, often leading to higher expenses related to logistical issues.
To reach an efficient and productive gas sector business, large-scale investments in both exploration and distribution infrastructure will be needed. This forum aims to encourage coherency between these groups and ultimately carve the way to lead Indonesia’s future gas outlook. The 2017 IATMI Business Forum will present an opportunity for the Indonesian Government, Corporations and Professionals as well as Enthusiasts of the Upstream and Downstream Gas Industry to share ideas, knowledge, business strategies and build network.
Invited speakers include:
- Ignasius Jonan, Minister of Energy and Mineral Resources, Republic of Indonesia
- Amien Sunaryadi, Chairman, SKK Migas
- Andy Noorsaman Sommeng, Chairman, BPH Migas
- Satya Yudha, Commission VII Legislative Assembly, Republic of Indonesia
- Yenni Andayani, Direktur Gas, Pertamina Persero
- Arividya Noviyanto, President & General Manager, Total E&P Indonesie
- Bij Agarwal, President of ConocoPhillips Indonesia
- Daniel Wieczynski, Lead Country Manager, ExxonMobil Indonesia
Invited moderators include:
- Dharmawan Syamsu, Country Manager, British Petroleum
- Yanto Sianipar, Senior Vice President Strategic Business Support, Chevron Indonesia
- Ahmad Yuniarto, Founder & Chairman, Biru Peduli Foundation
Fee: USD 300