Make the Case to Attend
Thank you for your interest in attending the SPE Canada Unconventional Resources Conference.
We know travel and training budgets are tight, and it can be challenging to get approval to attend events. To aid in your business justification, we have provided some tools below!
Present a Justification Letter or Email to Your Supervisor
To help explain to your supervisor the benefits of attending this conference (which is co-located with the SPE Canada Heavy Oil Technical Conference), use the sample letter (Word Doc) to include details about how your attendance can bring value and boost efforts to accomplish company goals.
Include the Following Points in Your Discussion
- Since this event is co-located with another, attendees can take advantage of two conferences for the price of one.
- Time away from the office is also reduced. Attendees can participate in two conferences in only two days.
- Attendees can maximize their learning experience as they will have access to both technical programs and the shared exhibit.
Calculate Projected Expenses
Before you are able to justify conference expenses, you'll need to calculate what they may be. Use this expense template to help estimate the cost of attending the conference.
Follow these tips to help you maximize your time and money:
- Book your hotel room at the conference hotel by 1 February to take advantage of the discounted rate.
- Register early to receive the advance registration rate.
- Extend your learning experience and register for the training courses.
- Make a checklist of the technical sessions you want to attend.