Reservoir description in shale oil and gas reservoirs has proven to be a difficult task, from the characterization of the nanopore system to field level upscaling. After drilling thousands of horizontal wells, we are still learning the key drivers needed to improve the primary production in low-permeability unconventional reservoirs. As operators gain confidence in their ability to profitably produce hydrocarbon from such reservoirs, they begin to test enhanced oil recovery (EOR) techniques and evaluate the commercial viability. While the reward is high and can ultimately impact the thousands of producing wells in Eagle Ford, Bakken, Permian, and other shale plays, it may also change the way companies approach future development of these reservoirs including surface facilities, wellhead designs, and well drilling and completions.
- Are you a young professional with relevant experience and knowledge of the forum topic? Get involved now. Forums are a window on the future that belongs to the next generation of professionals.
- Do you want to exchange ideas with others in your technical area of expertise? Participation in a forum committee builds a professional network that will last a career. Forums offer an exclusive opportunity to interact with innovators, seasoned professionals, and leading technologists.
- Are you looking to establish your technical reputation throughout the industry in a way that benefits your company? Forums provide the perfect setting because they serve as early incubators for future trends and technologies.
- Rock and Fluid Physics
- Reservoir Characterization and Predictive Reservoir Modeling
- Lab Experimentation in EOR Applications
- Well and Facilities Design
- Completion Optimization
- Pilot Implementation for EOR
- Economic Sensitivity Analysis for EOR Applications
- Research and Education
- Gain insight and perspective through conversations with peers who share your same interests
- Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of learning through one-on-one interaction
- Meet with other experts from international companies, research institutes, and universities in an off-the-record format
- Form professional relationships that will continue after the forum has ended