About this Workshop
This workshop will provide participants with an overview of how the floating production systems and FPSO market is adapting to the current business climate; examine cost-effective solutions in facing the challenging low oil price environment, and enable participants to share the development and execution of floating production systems and FPSO projects to date.
It further aims to:
- Review operational best practices in extending FPSO life cycle and integrity management.
- Challenge mindsets in execution strategies and alternative-cost optimisation methods in FPSO projects.
- Discuss strategies and technologies to reduce CAPEX and OPEX.
- Exchange key parameters in FPSO project development from both providers and oil companies.
- Allow industry players, classification societies, governing bodies, associations, academics, etc. to network and share experiences and best practices
- Proceedings will not be published; therefore, formal papers and handouts are not expected from speakers.
- Work-in-progress, new ideas, and interesting projects are sought.
- Note-taking by participants is encouraged. However, to ensure free and open discussions, no formal records will be kept.
All attendees will receive an attendance certificate attesting to their participation at the Workshop. This certificate will be provided in exchange for a completed Workshop Attendee Survey Form.
Continuing Education Units
This Workshop qualifies for SPE Continuing Education Units (CEU) at the rate of 0.1 CEU per hour of the Workshop.
- The committee will prepare a full report containing highlights of the Workshop discussions. This report will be circulated to all attendees.
- PowerPoint presentation materials will be posted on a specific SPE URL address and is available to attendees after the workshop. Provision of the materials by discussion leaders will signify their permission for SPE to do so.
In keeping with the Workshop objectives and the SPE mission, excessive commercialism in posters or presentations will not be permitted. Company logos must be limited to the title slide and used only to indicate the affiliation of the presenter and others involved in the work.
Casual clothing is recommended. The Workshop atmosphere is informal.