Members of the working press, who meet SPE’s criteria, receive complimentary registration to the conference. Please carefully read the criteria before applying.
- Complimentary media registration is available only to members of the working press who are writing articles or producing broadcast coverage about SPE Artificial Lift Conference and Exhibition-Americas (examples include reporter, editor, publisher, photojournalist, freelance writer*).
- Titles that will not be eligible include PR or marketing representative, account executive, corporate media relations staff, advertising sales, president, CEO, and other non-editorial roles.
- Journalists must be employed by a news organization that covers the oil and gas industry.
- To ensure a secure conference, government-issued photo identification is required.
* Freelance writers must have a documented assignment from a specific news organization to receive media registration. Freelancers are required to provide proof of at least two bylined articles written within the past year for an assigned news organization that covers the oil and gas industry. SPE will contact you for this documentation.
Media Guidelines for Photography and Audio/Video Recording
No audio recording, video recording, or photography is allowed without SPE’s permission. All journalists seeking to do any of these things must register as press and check in at the registration counter.
Media Access to Ticketed Events
Media are allowed to cover ticketed events without a ticket but are not offered a meal. We attempt to provide chairs for the media, but some events may be sold out and offer standing room only on a first-come, first-served basis.
SPE will not provide media with complimentary tickets to any of the special events; however, you may purchase a ticket to an event.