Thank you for attending the SPE Forum.
The application of geomechanics has been handled differently within the drilling and completions operations. However, it is an established fact that the near wellbore region is a critical link between a reservoir and a well. Many physical processes occur during drilling and completion which should be integrated to build a geomechanics model capable of predicting well performance during production and reservoir management. There is a compelling need for a geomechanics model that uses data from both the drilling and completion operations and is incorporated into a reservoir model to reliably forecast reservoir performance. So, the evolution of the stress field from drilling and completion, and then production should be integrated during reservoir management.
This forum bring professionals together with the objective of integrating efforts to efficiently solve both drilling and production problems and improve our reservoir modeling and simulation tools.
- Drilling and completion operations
- Reservoir evaluation and characterization
- Diagnostic analysis and interpretation
- Production forecasting
- Reservoir management and field development
- Risk management
- Gain insight and perspective through conversations with peers who share your same interests.
- Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of learning through one-on-one interaction.
- Meet with other experts from international companies, research institutes, and universities in an off-the-record format.
- Form professional relationships that will continue after the forum has ended.