About this Forum
The forum will investigate a variety of components related to horizontal well production:
- Life of Well Considerations
- How to influence future decisions at the drilling, completions and facilities development stages to maximize value
- Development, design and selection of artificial lift systems and surface production facilities to manage high initial rates and rapid declines while controlling long-term operating costs
- Fit for purpose artificial lift methods to handle challenging conditions
- Slugging conditions produced by long lateral sessions
- Complex horizontal completions (such as multilaterals)
- Methods for managing large amounts of free gas, solids and scales
- Well and facilities design to optimally handle novel and developing EOR methods
- Fit for purpose surface facilities to handle challenging conditions
- Severe slugging
- Large fluctuations in water and solids
- Reid Vapor Pressure (RVP) requirements during high-rate initial production
- Rigorous Regulatory Emission standards
- Maximizing the value from surveillance, automation and emerging information technologies
- Real-time analysis to improve reliability and optimize production
- The potential role of robotics, autonomous systems, data analytics, artificial intelligence and edge computing in this area
What is a Forum?
- SPE Forums are unique, by-invitation-only SPE events that bring together top technologists, innovators, and managers to address a specific industry challenge. Participants are encouraged to come prepared to contribute their experience and knowledge, rather than be spectators or students.
- The objective is to create a collaborative, idea-generating arena that stimulates new ideas and innovation about future challenges facing the E&P industry.
- If you have a role to play in meeting the challenges of tomorrow head-on, apply today.
Benefits to You and Your Organization
- Gain insight and perspective through conversations with peers who share your same interests.
- Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of learning through one-on-one interaction.
- Meet with other experts from international companies, research institutes, and universities in an off-the-record format.
- Form professional relationships that will continue after the forum has ended.
- Brief, facilitated presentations promote maximum discussion.
- Conducted off the record to support the free interchange of information and ideas.
- Extensive note taking is not allowed.
- Recording of any portion of the forum (photographic, electronic, etc.) is prohibited.
- Information disclosed at a forum may not be used publicly without the originator's permission.
- Participants are requested to omit reference to forum proceedings in any subsequent published work or oral presentation.
- Participants are expected to attend every session.
- Participants at SPE Forums are selected by the Forum Steering Committee based on the ability to contribute to the discussion of the topic. Attendance is limited to maximize each person's opportunity to contribute.
- Accepted applicants will receive their registration form and other materials within two weeks of the application deadline. For those requiring visas to attend the forum, please ensure that you leave sufficient time for your visa to be processed.