Thank you for your interest in attending the SPE Hydrocarbon Economics and Evaluation Symposium!
Make the Case to Attend
We know that travel and training budgets are tight, and it can be difficult to get approval to attend events. Provided below are templated materials to aid in your business justification, along with ways to save time and money.
This conference is a unique training and career development opportunity where you and your colleagues can learn about the latest artificial lift technology advances, meet vendors and suppliers, gather industry contacts, and network with aspiring E&P professionals.
Gain Employer Support
- Offer to prepare and deliver a short presentation to your colleagues after the conference, sharing what you learned. This allows others on your team to gain benefits from your attendance.
- Be ready with a plan that demonstrates who is responsible for your everyday tasks while you are attending the symposium.
- Offer to share a room to reduce hotel expenses.
- Share presenter handouts and materials with your colleagues.
- Become an SPE member to take advantage of discounted registration fees.
Present a Justification Letter to Your Supervisor
Explain the benefits of attending the SPE Hydrocarbon Economics and Evaluation Symposium to your supervisor by completing the sample letter with details about how your attendance will bring value back and boost efforts to accomplish company goals.
Calculate Projected Expenses
Calculate likely expenses so you are able to to justify them. Use the expense template (pdf) to help estimate the cost of attending the symposium.
Follow these tips to help you maximize your time and money:
- Book your hotel room by 18 September to take advantage of the discounted rate.
- Make a checklist of the technical sessions that you want to attend.
- Check out travel discounts that SPE has with United Airlines and car rentals.