Call for Papers
The SPE Latin American and Caribbean Petroleum Engineering Conference will be held 17-19 March 2020, in Bogotá, Colombia.
✉ | Bienor Melo
The submission deadline is 4 June 2019.
All categories apply to both conventional and unconventional resources.
- 1a. Reservoir Management and Asset Development
- Exploration and Development Potential
- Reserves, Resource Evaluation, and Appraisal
- Risk Assessment and Decision Analysis
- 1b. Reservoir and Formation Characterization
- Reservoir Geology and Geophysics
- Formation Evaluation
- Rock and Fluid Sampling and Characterization
- 1c. Reservoir Modeling and Dynamics
- Recovery Mechanisms and Flow in Porous Media
- Fluid Phase Behavior and PVT Modeling
- Simulation, Modeling, and History Matching Techniques
- 1d. EOR/IOR and Mature Fields
- Development and Operational Strategies for Mature fields
- EOR/IOR Methods (Waterflooding, Gasflooding, CO2, Thermal, Chemical, etc.)
- Regional Play Assessment and Case Studies
- 2a. Emerging Technologies, Data Analytics, and Digital Fields
- Data Governance and Data Management
- Big Data mining, Data science, Business Intelligence, Analytics and Data Physics
- IoT, IT/OT, Digital Field, Digital Transformation management
- 2b. Management
- Strategic Planning
- Energy Economics
- Training and Competency Development
- Recruitment and Retention
- Best Practices/Lessons Learned in Drilling
- Well Integrity and Well Control
- Cementing, Tubulars, Bits, and Downhole Tools
- Completion Design and Installation
- Intelligent Wells Equipment
- Well Integrity
- Production Surveillance, Monitoring, and Control
- Artificial Lift, Well Integrity, and Flow Assurance
- Well Stimulation (Hydraulic Fracturing, Acidizing, etc.)
- Project Management and Execution
- Capital Stewardship
- Operations and Data Acquisition in Environmentally Sensitive Areas
- Oilfield Fluids and Emissions Handlings (Drilling and completion fluids, Water, CO2, etc.)
- Social License to Operate (Community Relationships, Sustainable Development, Managing Expectations)
Obtain necessary clearance from your management and start preparing now.
- Authors whose paper proposals are accepted will be required to write a manuscript for inclusion on the conference proceedings, by 3 December 2019
- Your session chairpersons will be reviewing a DRAFT of your manuscript. Deadline for submitting your DRAFT is 22 October 2019.
- DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR DRAFT INTO THE ONLINE SYSTEM. Send directly to your session chairpersons. They will review and, if applicable, advise you of any revisions to make before submitting your FINAL manuscript and forms on or before 3 December 2019.
Please Note: An agreement to present a paper at this SPE conference carries an obligation to participate in the event. Please review SPE's Author Guidelines for Papers.
A Word About Commercialism
SPE has a stated policy against use of commercial trade names, company logos or text that is commercial in tone in the paper title, text, or presentation slides. Use of such terms will result in careful scrutiny by the Program Committee in evaluation paper proposals and the presence of commercialism in the paper will result in it being withdrawn from the program.