SPE's Shaping the Next Wave in Well Plugging and Abandonment Forum will bring together leaders from production and service sector companies, regulators and stakeholders to discuss and shape the medium term future of well plugging and abandonment.
With new scientific insights, operational approaches and innovative solutions breaking into the market, there is an increasing desire to apply these in the right application and a greater enthusiasm to satisfy the growing demand for innovative solutions. At the same time, there are growing concerns related to abandoned wells and more attention to the re-use of the underground. The pressure to reduce cost remains, both for operators and governments.
- Call for Presentations Opening Soon -
This even t will focus on:
- The risks and opportunities the industry should address
- Relevant environmental factors in different settings
- How to identify unnecessary effort; technical limit scope and uncertainty
- Regulatory scope, supervision, deviation, uniformity
- What is an adequate barrier system? How do we know?
- The requirements for wellbore tubular removal
- Current barrier materials – cements
- New barrier materials – non-cement
- Help shape the next wave of well P&A
- Gain insight in innovation opportunities and application tools
- Engage with stakeholders and understand their perspectives
- Experience the latest technologies, products, and solutions
- Enhance your knowledge with thought-provoking presentations and discussions
- Expand your professional network through excellent networking opportunities
This Forum is likely to be attended by professionals with an interest in:
- Drilling, completions and intervention
Projects, Facilities and Construction
Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Social Responsibility
Regulatory agencies and supervision
Management of Liabilities and Information
Are you a young professional with relevant experience and knowledge of the forum topic?
Get involved now. Forums are a window into the future that belongs to the next generation of professionals.
Do you want to exchange ideas with others in your technical area of expertise?
Participation in a forum committee builds a professional network that will last a career. Forums offer an exclusive opportunity to interact with innovators, seasoned professionals, and leading technologies.
Are you looking to establish your technical reputation throughout the industry in a way that benefits your company?
Forums provide the perfect setting because they serve as early incubators for future trends and technologies.