Thank you for attending the SPE Workshop.
Plan your attendance to other SPE events in your region or technical area.
In the past decade, industry has demonstrated that the Duvernay is one of the premier liquids-rich shale plays in North America, with the potential to produce roughly 3.4 billion barrels of marketable oil, 6.3 billion barrels of natural gas liquids, and 77 Tcf of gas (NEB, 2017).
With more than 900 horizontal wells drilled to date, activity in the Duvernay has rapidly accelerated over the past 5 years, as many operators move from appraising their land blocks to commercial development.
Photo provided by Repsol Oil & Gas Canada Inc.
- Infrastructure Planning, H2S production
- Water production - Water Availability - Development Constraint
- Sand Production
- Optimizing Your Pilot Design
- Reservoir Characterization
- Basin mapping, East Shale, East vs. West, North vs. South
- Economics, When Can We Start Making Money From Gas?
- Performance Evaluation
- How Big, How Good and How Fast?
ATTEND A TRAINING COURSE
Curtis Hays Whitson
Professor, Petroleum Engineering
Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
The course reviewed the Huff-n-Puff gas EOR process and gave a background in the relevant fundamentals of gas EOR methods.