Call for Papers
The SPE International Conference on Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Social Responsibility will be held 17-19 March 2020, in Bogotá, Colombia. The call for papers submission deadline is 18 June 2019.
Authors are encouraged to consider developing papers featuring multidisciplinary approaches that highlight HSE benefits such as innovation, collaboration, and value creation. Additionally, authors may consider proposing papers that feature these HSE benefits within specific elements of the oil and gas sector value chain.
Obtain necessary clearance from your management and start preparing now.
- Authors whose paper proposals are accepted will be required to write a manuscript for inclusion in the conference proceedings by 10 December 2019.
- Your session chairpersons will review a draft of your manuscript. The deadline for submitting your draft is 19 November 2019.
- DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR DRAFT INTO THE ONLINE SYSTEM. Send the draft directly to your session chairpersons. They will review and, if applicable, advise you of any revisions that need to be made before submitting your final manuscript and forms on or before 10 December 2019.
Authors who do not submit a manuscript and the associated publication forms by the stated deadline will be withdrawn from the program and will not be allowed to present per SPE’s No Paper, No Podium policy.
If accepted, your paper proposal may be published, as submitted, in conference media, including on the SPE website.
Please Note: An agreement to present a paper at this SPE conference carries an obligation to participate in the event. Please review SPE's Author Guidelines for Papers.
A Word About Commercialism
SPE has a stated policy against use of commercial trade names, company logos or text that is commercial in tone in the paper title, text, or presentation slides. Use of such terms will result in careful scrutiny by the Program Committee in evaluation paper proposals and the presence of commercialism in the paper will result in it being withdrawn from the program.
For More Information
Contact Karissa Bailey, Staff Liaison
Preparing Your Conference Submission
- Collaboration and Partnerships
- Community Health Outreach
- Climate Change & Disease
- Integrated Health Framework
- Extreme Environments – Remote Medicine
- Impact of the 4th and 5th Industrial Revolutions on Work and Workers’ Health
- Aging Workforce
- Fatigue Management
- Fitness for Duty
- Substance Abuse Programs and Policies
- Travel Health/Infectious Disease
- Health Emergency Response
- Health Risk Management & Performance
- Health Strategy and Leadership
- Workplace Wellness Programs
- Preventative Medicine
- Health Technologies and Social Media
- Psychological Aspect of Fitness to Work and Related Problems during Assignments
- Non-Communicable Diseases
- How to Convince Employees to Choose Health?
- Resilience and Human Performance
- Total Worker Health
- Health Indicators and Measurement
- Mental Health
- Workplace Wellness Programs
- Industrial Hygiene
- Sustainability and Industrial Hygiene – A Smarter Way to Make the Workplace Healthier
- Data Analysis in Exposure Assessment
- Industrial Hygiene Metrics
- Silica Exposure Control and Hydraulic Fracturing
- Transport Safety: Land/Air/Marine/Equipment/People
- Operational Safety
- Studying Successful Work – Learning Teams
- Threat Response Readiness – Preventing Well Control Incidents
- Identification of Safety Critical Task
- Workforce Involvement: Shaping HSE & Process Safety Culture
- Human Factor and Human Performance
- Safety Culture and Leadership
- Driving Organizational Behavior through Leading Indicators
- Operational Excellence (New Approaches)
- Industry Standardization and Regulatory Compliance
- Achieving Human Performance through Standardization
- Learning From Other Industries
- Energy Transition and Greenhouse Gas Management
- Environmental Impacts during Project Lifecycle from Facility Siting to Decommissioning
- Remediation of Environmental Impacts
- Biodiversity and Sensitive Areas
- Transparency through Reporting
- Applying the SDG’s in Partnerships to Reach Sustainable Development
- Climate Affecting Livelihoods and Operation – What are the risks and what can be done?
- Cooperating with NGO’s and Governments for Sustainable Development – Good Examples of Cooperation Benefitting the Local Communities
- Respecting the Rights of Indigenous in All Phases of the Operation
- Effective Grievance Mechanisms – What Does It Take?
- Local Content Management – Generating Socio-Economic Value and Meeting Business Needs
- Societal Impact Valuation – Measuring and Monetizing the Cost and Benefits of Social and Environmental Impacts of Our Activities
- The Process of Identifying and Executing a Good Social Program in the Community
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessments as Effective Tools to Communicate with Affected Stakeholders
- Leveraging Technology to Enhance Sustainable Development
- Respecting Human Rights in the Supply Chain
- Making a Partnership Work in a Sustainable Way on the Ground – Operator and Contractor
- Tackling Land Issues in a Cooperative Way
- Role of Social Sciences in Stakeholder Engagement and Acceptability Efforts
- Role of Big Data in Facilitating Effective Stakeholder Engagement
- Circular Economy and New Business Models
- Community Liaison Officers – Evolving Role