What SPE is Doing to Help You Stay Healthy
- Sanitizing Stations: they will be available at strategic locations through the Ágora Convention Center and the Hilton Corferias Bogotá.
- Masks will be available upon request: If you’re coughing or sneezing, please request one at the registration counters. Otherwise, experts suggest that it can be better not to use them, as they may cause you to touch your face and eyes more often.
- Ágora Convention Center, the Hilton Corferias and all vendors will enhance cleaning and disinfecting efforts, with special attention to high-touch surfaces. An increased cleaning schedule throughout the venue is in place.
- Avoid handshakes, if you are coughing, sneezing, or if unsure.
What You Can Do to Stay Healthy
- We count on you to help us maintain a healthy environment
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water
- Use hand sanitizer only if you aren’t able to wash hands
- Avoid attending the event if you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms and use a mask
- Avoid coughing and sneezing in public, or cover yourself with your elbow or use a disposable tissue
- Use a mask, if you have a cough or sneeze or have any respiratory disease
- Avoid touching your face
- Avoid contact with anyone experiencing any flu-like symptoms
- Greet without physical contact – avoid handshaking and cheek kissing
- Dispose masks in the designated areas as instructed by the venue and hotel
Allow your hotel room to be cleaned daily
Download the CoronApp – Colombia (at this time available for Android) to learn about risk, preventive measures, diagnose and management
SPE is closely monitoring the information and preventive measures provided by the Ministry of Health of Colombia about COVID-19. To learn more, please visit the website of the Ministry of Health of Colombia (currently available in Spanish).
Know Before You Go
- Electronics check upon arrival: The Ágora Convention Center has strict security protocols in place. Please be ready to show your Id upon your arrival. Security staff will put a sticker on your Id and your electronics upon your arrival to the venue. Plan to arrive early to save time onsite.
- Luggage Check: The Ágora Convention Center provides complimentary luggage storage during event registration hours. The luggage check is located on the first floor, behind the registration counters.
- Drink Plenty of Water: Bogotá is situated at an altitude of 2,640 meters (8,660 feet) above sea level, high in the Andes mountains range, making it one of the highest capital cities in the world. Drink plenty of water during your stay. Water stations will be available in all technical session rooms.
- Bring an Umbrella: Colombia does not have four seasons, it just has 2 different types of weather: rainy season (from April to June), and dry and sunny season (from August to November). Average temperature in Bogota: High of 19 °C (66 ° F) and a Low of 8 °C (46.4°F). Average humidity: 76%. Monitor the weather forecast and plan to bring an umbrella.
- Translation Headsets: The conferences offer simultaneous translation from English to Spanish, and headsets will be available for pick-up outside each technical session room at no cost to attendees. Please be ready to show your ID to pick up your headset. You can use the same headset in any of the technical session of the second or third level. To collect your ID, please plan to return your headset at the same room it was picked up.
- Knowledge Sharing ePosters: A different set of headsets will be available on the second-floor lobby to enjoy these presentations. Kindly return the headset before leaving the area.
- Parking: Parking is available at the Ágora Convention Center. Visit the Travel and Accommodations page to learn more.
- Shuttle Buses: The Hilton Bogotá Corferias provides complimentary shuttle buses for their guests from and to the airport during scheduled hours. See shuttle schedule. If you to book a service outside scheduled hours, please email the Hilton Bogotá Corferias for rates.
- Transportation Services: Please email the Hilton Bogotá Corferias for any transportation services including to/from the airport, group outings, etc. Avoid using ride-shared apps.
- Emergencies: In the event of an emergency, the fire alarm will sound. Audio instructions are provided in Spanish and English. Follow the evacuation route provided for your meeting room and floor. Fire extinguishers are located outside each meeting room. Defibrillators are available on premises. All exits are properly led and marked as “SALIDA”.
- Injury/Incident: In the event of an injury or incident, contact a staff member or security staff for assistance. The Agora Convention Center personnel are trained to respond appropriately to on-site emergency situations, including but not limited to first aid, fire incidents and emergencies, earthquakes, severe thunderstorm and lighting, acts of terrorism, and will provide all attendees with available information and necessary instructions.
Venue security staff and the uniforms they wear at all times