Tips to Attendees: Maximise Your Virtual Conference Experience
As remote work and online communication is rapidly growing, it’s become clear that a virtual conference is more than just a temporary solution, but a great opportunity to attract a global audience and provide them with interactive networking experiences.
This year, the Leading Upstream Finance and Investments Conferences goes virtual, so instead of planning your business trip, booking flights and accommodation, you can plan your participation in our virtual conference.
Review the following information to make the most of your virtual conference experience.
- Dates: 11–12 October 2020, 2 days of live access
- Time: Sessions will go live at London Time (CET; UTC+1)
- On-Demand Content: will be available for 30 days after the conference
Before the Conference
Access to the Virtual Conference
All registered attendees will receive an email that will contain your unique credentials and password to begin your virtual conference experience.
Add the Conference Dates to Your Calendar
Mark your calendar and add a reminder, so you won’t miss it if the organiser’s reminder goes to spam.
Chat about and follow the conference beforehand. Tweet during the event using #WeAreSPE alongside and #SPEevents. Invite your friends, peers, and colleagues to join you at the conference.
Organise Your Session Schedule
Just as with the in-person event, you need to plan ahead and prioritise what sessions you want to attend live. The sessions also will be available on-demand after the conference, providing attendees more flexibility.
Try the Platform Tools Before the Event
Test your device for the platform compatibility, test the audio and ensure a strong WiFi connection before the conference, then you won’t miss anything because of technology issues.
Update Your Profile
From the virtual lobby, go to your user profile.
Add a photo and update your contact information to make your conference networking experience more engaging and memorable.
When to First Access the Virtual Conference Platform
The secure virtual platform will go live on 11 November 2020 at 9:00am London (UTC +1). Take a moment to customise your user profile.
Virtual Event Code of Conduct
Be prepared to interact and engage. Review the Virtual Event Code of Conduct before the event.
During the Conference
Accessing the Event
Use the credentials from the email that you have received before the event.
Entering the Virtual Lobby and Accessing the Conference Components
From the virtual lobby you can access:
- Welcome from the Conference Chair
- Keynote Sessions
- Sponsor / Exhibition Area
- Networking Lounge
- Resource & Information Hub
- Settings – Your Profile
Take Advantage of the Following Benefits
- Embrace new ideas from key discussion topics including state of the industry, technology, oil price, investments, M&A and many more
- Engage with your fellow global peers from across the industry including senior executives and policy makers in the oil & gas and finance industry
- Network with your colleagues and energy professionals from around the world through the virtual lounge
- View the attendee list, exchange best practice and expand your professional partnerships.
- Take notes during life session so you won’t miss anything
- Pose your questions to the panel of experts and take part in lively discussions with speakers and other attendees.
- Introduce yourself in the chat; name your professional interests and competencies
- Make new connections.
- Get active on social by using conference hashtags #WeAreSPE alongside #SPEevents, live chats, and other tools to connect.
Set up your own Agenda
At the top of the Lobby you will find the Event Agenda. This details all the upcoming presentations. You can save your favourite sessions to your personal agenda and you will receive an email reminder for your selected session.
Once you enter the Sponsor / Exhibit hall and choose a booth, you will have access to the exhibitor information, the company’s video, downloadable handouts about the company at the resource panel, and their interaction panel.
You will be able to:
- Chat with the exhibitor and with other participants
- Schedule a 1:1 meeting with the exhibitor
- Send an email to the exhibitor (during and after the live conference)
- View and download resources
Visit the Networking Lounge during breaks and see who is connected. Make sure that you have personalised your user profile to maximise your networking experience.
Chat, start video calls and message with like-minded peers.
During face-to-face events, you can physically move from one location to another, attend different sessions, you can get a snack, take a coffee break or lunch and talk with people. Do not refrain from these activities: get up, walk around, get a cup of coffee or tea, and take a snack if you are hungry.
After the Conference
Presentations will be available on-demand post-event for 30 days. SPE will send you details on how to access these closer to the event date.
Maintain information exchange by sharing key findings and insights that you have using Social Media platforms.