2021 SPE Regional Student Paper Contest
Young Professionals Programme Sponsors
The 2021 Student Paper Contest will take place on 12-13 October 2020 alongside SPE Russian Petroleum Technology Conference in Moscow, Russia.
The contest will be divided into the following divisions:
- Undergraduate Division
- Postgraduate Division: Masters and Diploma projects and PhD Candidates
The student should present work carried out at educational level that corresponds with the division they are completing now of abstract submission, regardless of whether they have gone on to a higher level of education for the moment of contest. The first-place winners of each category will present their papers at the International Student Paper Contest next year in the same category they won Regional Contest.
This year winners are invited to attend the International SPE Student Paper Contest to be held at the 2021 SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition. All travel expenses and accommodation will be covered by SPE.
- Abstracts submitted should relate to SPE technical disciplines
- Abstracts should be submitted in English
- The submitted abstracts will be judged by SPE committee
- You may submit only one paper which was not presented before
- Abstracts should be no more than 425 words
- An abstract based on course work, including theses and dissertations, is eligible
- Only single author abstracts are eligible. Single author is a student that has contributed significantly to the abstract even though other researchers or contributors may have been involved. Researchers and contributors must be acknowledged in the abstract
- No more than 2 contestants from each chapter or university can submit their abstracts in each division
Tips for participants:
- Tips to prepare your super abstract
- Sample abstract (pdf)
- Recommendations from one of the contest's judges
If you have any questions, please contact the SPE Russia and Caspian Regional Office.