Call for Papers
Call for Papers
IS NOW OPEN
Abstract Submission Deadline Extended: 7 June 2020
The program committee invites you to share your technical innovations and accomplishments by submitting a paper proposal for consideration. Virtual presentations will be considered by the committee.
*New this year: Well Integrity Challenges in Unconventional Resources*
In addition to thermal and SAGD topics, the committee will be accepting abstracts that cover well integrity issues in shale gas and tight oil.
Additional speaking opportunities are available for this symposium.
If you would like to be considered for a non-papered presenter spot, please submit a description of your presentation by 7 June 2020 to Jinny Bae for review and rating by the reviewing committee.
Length of Abstract: minimum of 225 words, maximum of 450
Contact: Jinny Bae
1. Casing and Well Design
2. Wellhead Integrity
3. Cement Design
4. Casing and Cement Remediation and Repairs
5. Liner Design
6. Casing Corrosion
7. Flow Control Devices and Sand Control
8. Regulatory and Liability Management
9. Unconventional Challenges with Well Integrity
10. Geomechanical Impacts on Well Integrity
11. Failure Detection and Analysis
12. Data Analytics in Well Integrity
13. ESP and Alternative Artificial Lift
14. New Technologies
15. Field and Case Studies
16. Well Suspensions and Abandonments
- Extend your influence as part of an exceptional technical programme
- Present your technical knowledge and experience to industry colleagues
- Raise your company’s technical profile at a renowned industry event
- Have your manuscript published in the multi-society library, OnePetro.org
- Authors pay the lower registration fee
- Obtain necessary clearance from your management, your partners and customers BEFORE paper proposal submission.
- Paper proposals should only be submitted online.
- Paper proposals should be written in English and should provide clear and concise statements on the contents of the paper. It should include brief findings, solutions, impacts, and concluding remarks of the work.
- Early submission is particularly important to ensure that the committee members have ample time to review the paper proposals. Late paper proposals will not be accepted.
- Submission Deadline is 7 June 2020.
- Abstracts should be based on any of the topic areas listed in the section topics.
- Please refrain from the use of commercial trade names and language that is commercial in tone.
- Authors will be notified of the decision of the programme committee by 27 June 2020 and manuscript submission deadline is on 20 September 2020.
- It is mandatory you submit a DRAFT of your manuscript to your Session Chairpersons two weeks prior to the FINAL deadline date. This is a review for trade names, consistency with accepted abstract, and commercialism. Your DRAFT will be due to your Session Chairpersons on or before 6 September 2020.
- We understand that some presenters will not be unable to attend the symposium in person. The 2020 SPE Thermal Well Integrity and Design Symposium program committee may consider a virtual presentation system to allow the authors of accepted papers the same publication opportunities as regular presenters. A paper submitted without the participant attending the symposium in person, but presented via video conferencing will be published (if accepted) in the symposium proceedings.
We expect authors to credit all sources used in their writings and not to represent work of others as their own. Authors found to have plagiarised the work of another are subject to having their paper removed from the conference program and from OnePetro. Future submissions from authors found to have plagiarised will be scrutinized carefully. In the case of students found to be plagiarising the work of others, SPE may inform the student’s university.
In an effort to further improve SPE’s technical quality standards, all submitted conference papers will be checked for plagiarism.