Call for Papers
Call for papers is now closed and authors will be notified of the status of proposals by 24 June 2022.
If you missed the call for papers deadline, consider submitting a proposal for 'presentatoin only spot'.
Should you have further questions regarding the proposal submission process, please contact Jinny Bae at the SPE Canada office.
Abstracts highlighting new technologies or including case studies will be preferred for inclusion in the program. This year the committee has expanded the list of topics to include production related topics in addition to thermal well integrity.
*When submitting your proposal for production related topics, if you do not see a good fit under the list of provided topics, submit under the closest category you see fit and the committee will properly reassign the category for you.
- A proper review of your paper proposal requires that it contain adequate information on which to make a judgment. Download our instructions guide to assist you with preparing your paper proposal.
- Obtain necessary publication clearance and permission from your management.
- Your paper or presentation only proposal could be accepted for presentation in a technical or ePoster session.
- Authors whose paper proposals are accepted will be required to provide a manuscript of (3000-7000 words) for inclusion in the conference proceedings no later than 19 September 2022. SPE operate a “no paper, no podium” policy whereby if a manuscript with the associated forms is not received by the due date, it will be withdrawn from the program and not allowed to be presented.
- Invited Presenters whose Presentation Only proposals accepted will be required to present, however, no manuscripts are required.
- Detailed instructions on the preparation of manuscripts and presentations will be sent to a corresponding author of each accepted paper.
- SPE assumes no obligation for expenses by authors for travel, lodging, food, or other incidental expenses.
- Accepted authors will be offered a discounted full conference registration fee.
- If your proposal is accepted and you wish to submit a manuscript for inclusion in the symposium proceedings, you will be required to submit your final manuscript by 19 September 2022. It is mandatory to submit a DRAFT of your manuscript to your Session Chairpersons 2 weeks prior (no later than 5 September) to the FINAL submission deadline. Your Session Chairperson's information will be sent to you once the program is finalized.
- All speakers will be required to prepare a presentation (PPT) for review by 8 November.