Travel, Accommodation and Health and Safety Guidelines
This is a non-residential symposium.
Hotel accommodation is NOT included in your registration fee.
SPE has negotiated a discounted room rate with Conrad Abu Dhabi Etihad Towers Hotel for this symposium that you can take advantage of.
Once you complete your registration online, a hotel booking link will be shared with you. Discounted room rates are subject to hotel room availability.
For additional hotel information please visit the hotel website.
SPE Middle East, Africa, and South Asia will assist in providing a visa invitation letter, upon request in writing, to confirmed registrants after receiving full payment of registration fees. It is the course attendee's responsibility to obtain their own visa. SPE cannot issue the visa nor can we guarantee it will be obtained.
For more information on a UAE visa, please visit the websites:
Venue Entry Requirements
Fully Vaccinated attendees with booster shot must present “Green Pass” on their Al Hosn app. A negative PCR test result every 30 days is required to maintain ‘Green’ status.
Non-vaccinated attendees require a Negative Test Result less than 7 days on the day of the event, to maintain Green Al Hosn App status.
All requirements must be presented before entering the Hotel and the meeting room. This is mandatory based on the current Government Guidelines and must strictly followed.
- For Non- residents to validate your vaccination or your exemption certificate in Abu Dhabi, download the Federal Authority of Identity and Citizenship (ICA UAE Smart) app or visit the website: https://icp.gov.ae/en/ and attach your vaccination certificate(s) for approval.
- Upon arrival in Abu Dhabi, travellers will receive a Unified ID number from airport immigration or via the ICA UAE Smart app or https://icp.gov.ae/en/ website; this is required to complete the registration on the Al Hosn app.
- Download Alhosn app.
DPI tests will not be accepted to enter the event.
Please take a note of the following:
- Your negative PCR test result/Al Hosn App Green Status will have to be presented at the entrance of the event.
- If you are non Vaccinated your PCR test validity is for 7 days only.
Nearest Covid19 Test Venues
- The Hotel is offering PCR testing with below details:
- Cost: Normal PCR Test – result in 24 hours at AED 150.00 per person.
- Express PCR Test – result in 6-8 hours at AED 400.00 per person.
- For Booking, you can directly contact hotel concierge team at Etihadtowers.Concierge@ConradHotels.com.
- Required documents for the test: Email, mobile number, passport copy or Emirates ID.
- Payment can be collected by Cash or Credit card directly by the nurse.
- ADSCC in Galleria Mall (20 min away from the venue hotel). View the testing venue details.
- G42 Biogenix lab, Masdar City, Abu Dhabi – open 8am to 11pm.
- Al Hoson One Day Surgery Center, Corniche, Abu Dhabi - open 8am to 10pm. Call or book online.
Before You Travel/Attend
- Register Online: As part of our safe and contactless initiatives, all attendees will need to register online. Your badge can be collected from the registration desk.
- Check if applying for a visa in advance is required. Click this link for full details.
- To validate your vaccination or your exemption certificate in Abu Dhabi, download the Federal Authority of Identity and Citizenship (ICA UAE Smart) app or visit the website: https://icp.gov.ae/en/ and attach your vaccination certificate(s) for approval.
- Download Alhosn app. Click for full details.
- For updated Abu Dhabi entry procedures, please visit: https://visitabudhabi.ae/en/plan-your-trip/covid-safe-travel.
During the Event
Ticketing and Registration Process
Due to strict health and safety protocol, there will be no registration and ticket sales on-site at the event. Admission is strictly by advance registration only.
Are face masks mandatory?
Yes, wearing a face mask is optional.
Will there be sanitisers across the venue?
Yes, sanitiser stations will be readily available across the venue.
Do I need to be vaccinated to attend an Event in Abu Dhabi?
The Department Culture and Tourism (DCT) in Abu Dhabi announced that you do not need to be vaccinated to attend any type of business event. Hence, you will not require to be vaccinated to attend an event in Abu Dhabi. However, you will need to present a negative PCR Test of 7 days validity.
However, this rule may differ for visiting number of public places such as Malls, retail outlets and Museums, Cultural Center etc.
Leaving Abu Dhabi
Do I need to do a PCR test before leaving Abu Dhabi?
Those intending to travel outside Abu Dhabi, UAE, please check the requirements of the country you are travelling to. The travel regulations change frequently.
For more information about departing from Abu Dhabi, go to the Etihad update website.
Additional information regarding arriving in Abu Dhabi can be found on the Visit Abu Dhabi website.
SPE Event Safety Guidelines
SPE adheres to the safety regulations issued by the Departure of Culture and Tourism in Abu Dhabi. Those measures are subject to change in alignment with Abu Dhabi Culture and Tourism Authorities. Read more about SPE's event safety guidelines.