Call for Papers
The 2023 SPE International Conference on Oilfield Chemistry Program Committee invites you to submit a paper proposal, for potential inclusion, in the technical program.
The deadline to submit a paper proposal for the 2023 SPE International Conference on Oilfield Chemistry is 13 September 2022.
Those that submit an abstract(s) will receive an email notification, on 25 October, that provides information on the status of abstract(s).
- Drilling & Completion Fluids
- Hydraulic Fracturing Fluids
- Acid Stimulation
- Inorganic Scales
- Organic Deposits
- Flow Assurance
- Water Management
- Asset Integrity & Corrosion
- Enhanced Oil Recovery
- CO2 Sequestration & H2 Storage
Please note that paper proposal submissions should be formatted into four (4) specific paragraphs:
- Objectives/Scope: Please list the objectives and/or scope of the proposed paper. (25-75 words)
- Methods, Procedures, Process: Briefly explain your overall approach, including your methods, procedures and process. (75-100 words)
- Results, Observations, Conclusions: Please describe the results, observations and conclusions of the proposed paper. (100-200 words)
- Novel/Additive Information: Please explain how this paper will present novel (new) or additive information to the existing body of literature that can be of benefit to and/or add to the state of knowledge in the petroleum industry. (25-75 words)
The following guidelines apply:
DO NOT include title or author information in your abstract.
Word Minimum: 225
Word Maximum: 450
- Obtain necessary clearance from your management and start preparing now
- Authors whose paper proposals are accepted will be required to write a manuscript for inclusion on the conference proceedings
- Deadline to submit manuscript to your assigned session chairperson(s): 7 February 2023
- Deadline to submit manuscript, transfer of copyright form(s) and paper information form to the paper
- submission portal: 21 February 2023
- Authors who do not submit a manuscript and the associated publication forms by the stated deadline will be withdrawn from the program and will not be allowed to present per SPE’s No Paper, No Podium policy
- If accepted, your paper may be published, as submitted, in conference media, including on the SPE website
Please Note: An agreement to present a paper at this SPE conference carries an obligation to participate in the event.
Please review SPE's Author Guidelines for Papers.
A Word On Commercialism
SPE has a stated policy against use of commercial trade names, company logos, or text that is commercial in tone in the paper title, text, or presentation slides. Use of such terms will result in careful scrutiny by the Program Committee in the evaluation of paper proposals, and the presence of commercialism in the paper will result in it being withdrawn from the program.