Call for Papers
The 2023 SPE Gulf Coast Section - Electric Submersible Pumps Program Committee invites you to submit a paper proposal, for potential inclusion, in the technical program.
The deadline to submit a paper proposal for the 2023 SPE Gulf Coast Section - Electric Submersible Pumps Symposium is 13 December 2022.
Those that submit an abstract(s) will receive an email notification, in early February, that provides information on the status of abstract(s).
- New ESP Technologies
- ESP Subsea
- ESP Thermal Operations
- Gassy Well Applications / Operations
- Viscous Applications / Operations
- ESP Unconventional Applications
- ESP Reliability Analysis
- Alternative ESP Deployment
- ESP Surveillance and Optimization
- Data Analytics / Operational Automation
- ESP Power Supply / Quality
- Managing ESP in Low Cost Environment
- ESP Permanent Magnet Motors
In an effort to further improve SPE’s technical quality standards, all submitted papers will be checked for plagiarism.
Email Karissa or call 972-952-9440
Please note that abstract submissions should be formatted into four (4) specific paragraphs:
- Objectives/Scope: Please list the objectives and/or scope of the proposed paper. (25-75 words)
- Methods, Procedures, Process: Briefly explain your overall approach, including your methods, procedures and process. (75-100 words)
- Results, Observations, Conclusions: Please describe the results, observations and conclusions of the proposed paper. (100-200 words)
- Novel/Additive Information: Please explain how this paper will present novel (new) or additive information to the existing body of literature that can be of benefit to and/or add to the state of knowledge in the petroleum industry. (25-75 words)
The following guidelines apply:
- DO NOT include title or author information in your abstract
- Word Minimum: 225
- Word Maximum: 450
- Obtain necessary clearance from your management and start preparing now
- Authors whose paper proposals are accepted will be required to write a manuscript for inclusion on the conference proceedings:
- Deadline to submit manuscript to your assigned session chairperson(s): 13 June 2023
- Deadline to submit manuscript, transfer of copyright(s), and paper information form to the paper submission portal is 27 June 2023
- Authors who do not submit a manuscript and the associated publication forms by the stated deadline will be withdrawn from the program and will not be allowed to present per SPE’s No Paper, No Podium policy
- If accepted, your paper may be published, as submitted, in conference media, including on the SPE website
Please Note: An agreement to present a paper at this SPE conference carries an obligation to participate in the event. Please review SPE's Author Guidelines for Papers.
A Word On Commercialism
SPE has a stated policy against use of commercial trade names, company logos, or text that is commercial in tone in the paper title, text, or presentation slides. Use of such terms will result in careful scrutiny by the Program Committee in the evaluation of paper proposals, and the presence of commercialism in the paper will result in it being withdrawn from the program.