The SPE Oilfield Scale Conference will be held 11 - 12 May 2016 at the Aberdeen Exhibition and Convention Centre in Aberdeen, Scotland, UK.
Call for Papers submission deadline is Friday, 16 October.
Call for Papers brochure (pdf)
If you have any questions about the submission process please contact Ann Nagem at firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 207 299 3300.
1. Obtain clearance from your management.
2. The paper proposal must be a minimum of 200 words and no more than 350 words in length. Include a description of the proposed paper, results/conclusions, and the technical category applicable to your paper.
3. The paper proposal must be received by Friday 16 October.
4. Submit your paper online.
5. Do not include the title or author names in the body of the abstract. The title and author information will be requested separately through the submission.
6. Do not include tables, figures, bibliographic lists, or subscripts in your abstract. They can be uploaded separately.
7. Please note that, if accepted, your paper proposal may be published – as submitted – in conference information media, including on the SPE website.
8. Authors whose paper proposals are accepted will be required to provide a manuscript for inclusion in the conference proceedings. Authors who do not submit a manuscript and the associated publication forms by the manuscript due date will be withdrawn from the programme and will not be allowed to present. Manuscripts will be due at SPE no later than 26 February 2016.
9. Please note: if you are interested in having a technical paper published without presenting at a conference, you should submit the paper as an unsolicited manuscript. For more details, please visit www.spe.org.
SPE and the Programme Committee consider an accepted abstract as a commitment to present. If extenuating circumstances prevent the author from making the presentation, it is that author’s obligation to find an alternative presenter and notify their SPE Programme Lead and their session chair(s) (if applicable). Withdrawals must be made in writing to the SPE office as soon as possible. Under no circumstances can a submitted abstract be changed once it has been submitted. Cancellations, particularly after a paper has been accepted and publicised, are viewed by the Programme Committee as highly unprofessional.
SPE has a stated policy against use of commercial trade names, company logos, or text that is commercial in tone in the paper title, text, or slides. Use of such terms will result in careful scrutiny by the Programme Committee in evaluating abstracts and the presence of commercialism in the paper may result in it being withdrawn from the programme.
All authors of papers presented at the conference will be required to complete and submit a copyright release form to SPE or submit the copyright exemption form where applicable.
As of 1 May 2013 authors will be allowed to submit abstracts to only one conference at a time. An abstract must be declined by a programme committee prior to being submitted to another conference for consideration. In the event it is detected that an abstract has been submitted to more than one conference, all versions/copies of that abstract will be removed from consideration.
Any paper previously presented at a conference and published in OnePetro may not be re-submitted for publication at another SPE conference. The author may present the subject matter at subsequent conferences at the invitation of the programme committee, but the paper will not be included in the conference proceedings.
The failure of SPE conference authors to have at least one designated individual present the paper at the conference will result in the conference paper being permanently withdrawn from the SPE technical paper archive in OnePetro.
Sponsorship and Exhibition opportunities are both available. Should you require further information on sponsoring or exhibiting at this event, please contact Dean Guest at email Dean.
For more information, please contact
SPE Europe, Russia, Caspian and Sub-Saharan Africa
First Floor, Threeways House
40/44 Clipstone Street
London, W1W 5DW
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7299 3300
Fax: +44 (0) 20 7299 3309