Oil and Gas Economics and Uncertainty (1-Day)
- Knowing today’s oil price, would you like to know the certainty range of tomorrow’s oil price – in a matter of seconds?
- How about the certainty range of next week or next month’s oil price?
- Again, in matter of seconds?
- How about next year’s oil price range?
- Does your operating cost ever change? If it does, would you like to know the certainty range of next month’s operating cost – in minutes?
- What about next year’s operating cost?
- Rolling the above factors together, would you like to know the certainty ranges of future net cash flow? (Warning: The answer may scare you.)
- With the above uncertainties in mind, would you like to know a set of simple tools that will help you quantify, manage and reduce the above uncertainties?
This course will help you develop a better understanding of factors that could impact your daily economic decisions as well as establish a new set of applicable tools to use in your professional career.
This course is for professionals involved with economic evaluations, forecasting, and economic decisions in the upstream oil and gas business. It targets producers and operators with oilfield experience.
0.8 CEUs (Continuing Education Units) are awarded for this 1-day course.
All cancellations must be received no later than 14 days prior to the course start date. Cancellations made after the 14-day window will not be refunded. Refunds will not be given due to no show situations.
Training sessions attached to SPE conferences and workshops follow the cancellation policies stated on the event information page. Please check that page for specific cancellation information.
SPE reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule courses at will. Notification of changes will be made as quickly as possible; please keep this in mind when arranging travel, as SPE is not responsible for any fees charged for cancelling or changing travel arrangements.
We reserve the right to substitute course instructors as necessary.
Rodney Schulz, SPE, is the founder and exclusive instructor for Oil & Gas Economics and Uncertainty, a two-day seminar taught both privately and through SPE. His oil and gas experience includes a wide range of engineering, finance and operational responsibilities throughout North America for both major and independent producers as well as gas processing companies. Schulz’s expert witness experience includes work for a major oil company, the Federal Bankruptcy Court in Corpus Christi and an international law firm. He has also served as the Financial Director/CFO for an organization with 150 employees in six states. In 2003 Mr. Schulz founded Schulz Financial, a rapidly growing retail financial advisory firm with clients across the United States. He has a B.S. in petroleum engineering from the University of Kansas and an M.B.A. from Duke University. Rodney resides with his family in Houston, Texas.