Distinguished Lecturer Committee
About the Committee
The committee is responsible for selecting topics and lecturers for the Distinguished Lecturer Program.
- Solicit Distinguished Lecturer (DL) nominations to be considered by the committee.
- Select potential lecturers based on their qualifications and the quality of their PowerPoint presentations in order for them to move forward to a live audition before members of the committee.
- Actively participate in all rounds of judging in order to select lecturers.
- Serve as the point of contact for one to three potential lecturers in preparation for the live audition.
- Attend and participate in selecting approximately 30 DLs at the in-person presentation review meeting. (PLEASE NOTE: committee members must attend this meeting in-person.)
- Review and personally communicate lecturer evaluations as needed throughout the lecture season to ensure the highest quality of presentations and member experiences.
- Attend at least one of three meetings per year. (PLEASE NOTE: expenses for travel, meals, accommodations, etc. will not be reimbursed by SPE.)
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong desire to see our members grow through the dissemination of technical knowledge by fostering outstanding DL presentations.
- Prefer experience as a section officer.
- Prefer past involvement as a Distinguished Lecturer.
- SPE professional membership.
Expected Time Commitment
- Attend at least one of three meetings per year — one in May, one around Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition, and one in Europe.
- Participate in online judging to review presentations.