As I’ve speaking to members over the last couple of months, understandably the topic that is continually coming up is the announcement in May that AAPG & SPE are starting to explore a merger of the two organizations. Read more.
2022: Recovery With a New Trajectory?
While uncertainties remain for the coming year, there is also optimism for the upstream industry, a welcome prospect following two sharp downcycles in less than 6 years. Read more.
SPE Canadian Educational Foundation
SPE members can support the SPECEF through one-time or monthly donations. Charitable contributions to SPECEF are tax deductible.
When you make the decision to join SPE, you tap into a dynamic, global professional network of 124,000+ members in more than 135 countries.
From experienced professionals to young professionals and students, all SPE members are encouraged to realize their potential through education, leadership, and networking opportunities.
2021 Canada Region Award Winners Announced
SPE awards recognize members for their technical contributions, professional excellence, career achievement and service to colleagues.
This year the Canada Region would like to recognize several well-deserving members who have contributed exceptional service and leadership within SPE, as well as making significant professional contributions within their technical disciplines.
- Completions Optimization and Technology - Tom Watkins, Calgary Section
- Data Science and Engineering Analytics - Tyler Schlosser, Calgary Section
- Drilling Engineering - Doug Hollies, Calgary Section
- Formation Evaluation Award - Christopher Clarkson, Calgary Section
- Health, Safety, and Environment - Ian Gates, Calgary Section
- Production and Operations - Tomas Padron, Calgary Section
- Projects, Facilities and Construction - George Brindle, Calgary Section
- Reservoir Description and Dynamics - Roderick P. Batycky, Calgary Section
- Sustainability and Stewardship in the Oil and Gas Industry Award - Audrey Mascarenhas, Calgary Section
- Distinguished Achievement Award for Petroleum Engineering Faculty - Harvey Yarranton, Calgary Section
- Distinguished Corporate Service - Suncor
- Young Member Outstanding Service - Kyle Griep, Calgary Section
- Young Member Outstanding Service - Justin Henke, Calgary Section
- Regional Service - Marcel Guevara, Vancouver Section
- Regional Service - Sean Macneil, Maritimes Section
- Regional Service - Melanie Popp, Calgary Section
- Regional Service - David Langille, Calgary Section
Continue to Receive the Content that Matters
Get the latest SPE information and content relevant to you. Visit our preferences center and subscribe to email updates for Products, Services, and Events.
SPE Online Education: Take Yourself to Greater Depths
Explore your technical knowledge right from your computer with SPE webinars, online training courses, and videos. Join our industry experts as they explore solutions to real problems and discuss trending topics. Learn more.
Natural Gas Helps Eliminate Energy Poverty
With a staggering 1 billion people on the planet without access to electricity and clean cooking fuels, natural gas is one key solution to help lift these people out of poverty and improve their quality of life. Since 2000, the International Energy Agency reports that 26% of the gains in access have come from natural gas. And with new discoveries and facilities in Sub-Saharan Africa and other regions, the future has never looked brighter.
Read more on SPE's Fueling Progress blog
Video: Petroleum Resources Management System
SPE has two new offerings for the PRMS. These are very short videos explaining two of the most complicated topics in the document. Take a look now and watch for more to be added later. Watch now.
Technical and networking luncheons
SPE sections in Canada offer Technical and Networking Luncheons on a monthly basis. Contact Member Services Specialist Jill Thomas at +1-403-930-5453, or your local section for the upcoming luncheons.
SPE Canada Office
11th Floor, 606 Fourth Street SW
Calgary, AB T2P 1T1, Canada
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit professional association whose more than 153,000 members in 143 countries are engaged in oil and gas exploration and production. SPE is a key resource for technical knowledge providing publications, events, training courses, and online resources.