Regional winners of the SPE Student Paper Contest at the undergraduate, master’s, and doctorate level advanced to compete at the international level all day at the 2013 SPE Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition held in New Orleans. Eight undergraduate, seven master’s, and nine doctoral students competed to win first place in their respective divisions. Students had 25 minutes to present their research projects and answer questions from the judges. Following is a list of the winners.
- Suyang Zhu, Southwest Petroleum University (Asia Pacific Region)
- Lukas Mosser, Montan University of Leoben (Europe Region)
- Brandon Hilts, The University of Texas at Austin (Gulf Coast North America Region)
- Shaina Kelly, The University of Texas at Austin (Gulf Coast North America Region)
- Hamza Aljamaan, Stanford University (Western North America Region)
- Omokayode Omotunde, Heriot-Watt University (Middle East Region)
- Obiajulu Isebor, Stanford University (Western North America Region)
- Shu Luo, University of Tulsa (Rocky Mountain/Mid Continent/Eastern North America Region)
- Mohammed Al Hamdan, University of New South Wales (Asia Pacific Region)
Don't miss out on the latest technology delivered to your email weekly. Sign up for the JPT newsletter. If you are not logged in, you will receive a confirmation email that you will need to click on to confirm you want to receive the newsletter.