About the Symposium
The 2021 SPE Subsea Well Intervention - Virtual Symposium is the premier opportunity to interact with operators, service partners, regulators, and industry experts from across the globe who are focused on subsea well operations. The program showcases a wide array of intervention areas unique to subsea. As an SPE symposium, authors are offered, but not required, to submit papers for review and publication. Additionally, the symposium plans to offer a unique subsea intervention specific training course prior to the beginning of the event.
Intervention professionals are now tasked with striving for increased efficiency to mitigate cost constraints and optimize overall well productivity or restoration of production while maintaining a sharp focus on incident-free operations and regulatory compliance. This event serves not only to highlight the success within the subsea intervention space and provides insights into how unique subsea challenges have been met, but also provides a unique opportunity to network amongst industry experts and have access to the latest technology and operational developments.
The theme for 2021 is Predictable Outcomes in a Dynamic Subsea Environment. In support of this topic, intervention experts will share their knowledge on the performance and effectiveness of subsea well intervention solutions and advancements through presentations on case studies, new technology developments, and regulatory developments. Presentations and papers will highlight the unique aspects of subsea interventions, and to deep dive into how structured data-driven techniques underpinned by fit for purpose tools and systems can realize safe, reliable, and cost-efficient solutions in a complex and dynamic environment through topics such as:
- API 17G Design and Manufacture of Subsea Well Intervention Equipment 3rd Edition Update
- Reservoir Isolation Valve Experience in Subsea Wells
- Integrated Riserless Light Well Intervention Campaign in West Africa
- In Well ESP Concepts for Subsea Wells
About the Virtual Experience
The virtual event platform will be your gateway to education and networking for the 2021 SPE Subsea Well Intervention – Virtual Symposium.
- The dates of the live event are 10 – 12 August 2021. Plus, attendees can enjoy the content on-demand for up to 90 days.
- A training course is offered to symposium attendees on 10 August at a discounted rate. Seating is limited.
- The Technical Program offers live interactive elements including Q&A.
- Connect with peers and colleagues using the different virtual networking opportunities.
- Explore the Technology Showcase to experience ground-breaking technologies, products, and solutions focused specifically on your intervention needs. Save your favorites to your virtual tote bag and participate in the scavenger’s hunt and find hidden items from sponsors.
- Join live presentations, during coffee breaks, from technology providers at the Technology Showcase Spotlight.
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is a not-for-profit organization. Income from this event will be invested back into SPE to support many other Society programs. When you attend an SPE event, you help provide even more opportunities for industry professionals to enhance their technical and professional competence. Scholarships, certification, the Distinguished Lecturer program, and SPE's energy education program Energy4me are just a few examples of programs that are supported by SPE.