Virtual Workshop Guidelines
- Presentation slides / Proceedings will not be published; therefore, formal papers and handouts are not expected from Discussion Leaders.
- Work in progress, new ideas, and interesting projects are sought.
- Resource documents may be provided as pre-reads and during the live event.
- An on-demand version of the live event sessions will be made available to registered participants only.
- Provision of the live event sessions and presentation materials by Discussion Leaders will signify their permission for SPE to do so.
In keeping with the Workshop objectives and the SPE mission, excessive commercialism in presentations are not permitted. Company logos must be limited to the title slide and used only to indicate the affiliation of the presenter.
Certificate of Attendance
All attendees will receive a certificate of attendance. The certificate will be made available during the live event once participants have completed the required viewing/participation time.
Registrations will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Steering Committee encourages attendance from those who can contribute to the workshop most effectively either in discussions or with posters. A mix of attendees in terms of geographic origin, companies, and disciplines will be encouraged.
Continuing Education Units
This Workshop qualifies for SPE Continuing Education Units (CEU) at the rate of 0.1 CEU per hour of the workshop.
Code of Conduct
- SPE is committed to providing a professional, friendly and safe environment for all participants at its events, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin or other protected class.
- This code of conduct outlines the SPE expectations for all participants, including attendees, speakers and sponsors. Cooperation is expected from everyone, and SPE will actively enforce this code throughout this virtual workshop.
- Participants will be provided with personalised credentials allowing them access to the virtual workshop. These credentials are personal and non-transferable. Non-registered individuals and minors will not be able to access the virtual workshop, unless upon prior agreement with SPE.
- SPE expects all event participants to help ensure a safe and positive experience for everyone. Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated during any portion of a meeting or event. Unacceptable behaviour includes but is not limited to:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions.
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability or other personal characteristics, including those protected by law.
- Inappropriate contact including via electronic communications.
- The production or non-consensual sharing of harassing non-consensual photography or unwanted recording, including nudity and/or sexual images in virtual workshop (in any format, electronic or otherwise).
- Real or implied threat of professional or financial damage or harm.
- Inappropriate and sustained disruption of sessions, meetings and/or events.
- Photographing, video or audio recording of slides, oral or presentations without prior written permission from SPE.
- Violating the rules and regulations of the virtual event platform, ON24.
- Cybercrime and dubious online practises include but not limited to phishing, spamming, spoofing and cyberstalking.
- Inappropriate self-presentation or attire. Business casual dress code is preferred.
Reporting of harassment and disruptive behaviours can be made to email@example.com.
Consequences of misconduct may include:
- Immediate removal from meetings and/or events without warning.
- Restrictions from future SPE events.
- SPE reserves all rights to take any action to prevent and report violations of the Code of Conduct, including blocking access to SPE events. SPE cannot investigate reports of harassment or other misconduct during the virtual event but will inform the appropriate departments of the accused person’s host institution about any such filed report.
Photography and Videography
SPE encourages open and respectful discussion in the live event environment, participants are not allowed to post images or video online without obtaining permission. Participants are required to respect the privacy of others and refrain from any unauthorised or unwelcomed recording or photography, including recording of any direct or indirect interactions or electronic messaging. Participants are not allowed to take photos or videos of presentation materials shown without prior written consent by the presenter.
Recording of complete oral presentations is not allowed unless these are done by a professional entity that has been contracted for this purpose by or on behalf of the organiser. Photo taking and recordings within the live event environment for professional use is not allowed without obtaining prior written permission from SPE.
All content contained within this live event is copyrighted either by SPE or other providers and its capture in any format, use and/or reproduction outside the portal is strictly prohibited without express permission from the content owner(s).