About this Forum
The Forum is a limited-attendance meeting for up to 75 people, designed for professionals in the oil and gas industry interested in the future direction of unconventional resource development. In particular, we will discuss potential future challenges associated with reservoir characterization, data acquisition and diagnostics, development strategies, production forecasting, and risk management in unconventional reservoir development. The forum is aimed at people with expertise in any of the following categories, as they pertain to unconventional reservoirs:
What is a Forum?
SPE Forums are unique, by-invitation-only SPE events that bring together top technologists, innovators, and managers to address a specific industry challenge. Participants are encouraged to come prepared to contribute their experience and knowledge, rather than be spectators or students.
The objective is to create a collaborative, idea-generating arena that stimulates new ideas and innovation about future challenges facing the E&P industry.
If you have a role to play in meeting the challenges of tomorrow head-on, apply today.
Who should participate?
- Are you a young professional with relevant experience and knowledge of the forum topic? Get involved now. Forums are a window on the future that belongs to the next generation of professionals.
- Do you want to exchange ideas with others in your technical area of expertise? Participation in a forum committee builds a professional network that will last a career. Forums offer an exclusive opportunity to interact with innovators, seasoned professionals, and leading technologists.
- Are you looking to establish your technical reputation throughout the industry in a way that benefits your company? Forums provide the perfect setting because they serve as early incubators for future trends and technologies.
Benefits to You and Your Organization
- Gain insight and perspective through conversations with peers who share your same interests.
- Enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of learning through one-on-one interaction.
- Meet with other experts from international companies, research institutes, and universities in an off-the-record format.
- Form professional relationships that will continue after the forum has ended.
- Brief, facilitated presentations promote maximum discussion.
- Conducted off the record to support the free interchange of information and ideas.
- Extensive note taking is not allowed.
- Recording of any portion of the forum (photographic, electronic, etc.) is prohibited.
- Information disclosed at a forum may not be used publicly without the originator's permission.
- Participants are requested to omit reference to forum proceedings in any subsequent published work or oral presentation.
- A written summary may be prepared and distributed to attendees after the forum with unanimous attendee agreement and SPE approval.
- Participants are expected to attend every session.
Participants at SPE Forums are selected by the Forum Steering Committee based on the ability to contribute to the discussion of the topic. Attendance is limited to maximize each person's opportunity to contribute.
Accepted applicants will receive their registration form and other materials within two weeks of the application deadline. For those requiring visas to attend the forum, please ensure that you leave sufficient time for your visa to be processed.