About the Workshop
The challenges that are related to management of well integrity are considerable in aging fields. Extending the well operating life and the high cost of well abandonment in a more stringently regulated environment demands far greater transparency to assure managing the wells within their operating limits over their full lifecycle, even more so when the wells may become part of a CCUS project.
At the same time, our industry’s reputation is not attracting a new generation into its ranks and with the current older demographic leaving, this situation will challenge the industry in mastering and transferring these new skills. We as an industry, therefore, have to strive for continuous improvement and alignment in terms of workflows and tools to maintain high-quality integrity management.
About SPE Workshops
- An SPE workshop is a multi-day event that fosters knowledge sharing in an intensive learning experience. It provides brief technical presentations followed by extensive Q&A and discussion.
- The workshop’s program committee members solicit presentations from top industry professionals. This ensures a robust technical program with presentations that are laser focused on critical industry topics.
- Since proceedings are not published, SPE workshops provide an environment for frank, open discussion. Presentations are provided to participants after the workshop, if approved for release.
- Presentations may not have promotional or commercial elements, so the agenda is truly an objective review of the technical topics.
- SPE workshops are highly focused on a given technical topic and provide attendees with an in-depth review in a short amount of time. The agendas include research-based, field-tested industry topics so attendees receive current, relevant technical knowledge.
- Income from this event will be invested back into SPE to support many other Society programs. When you attend an SPE event, you help provide even more opportunities for industry professionals to enhance their technical and professional competence. Scholarships, certification, the Distinguished Lecturer program, and SPE’s energy education program Energy4me® are just a few examples of programs supported by SPE.