Scholarship Process for Canadian Students Now Open
The Society of Petroleum Engineers Canadian Educational Foundation (SPECEF) will award several scholarships to students across Canada pursuing a degree or diploma with intentions to enter the petroleum industry upon graduation.
SPECEF will award scholarships in the amount of 2500 CAD to highly qualified students studying at an institution in Canada. Applicants must be: a Canadian citizens or permanent residents; be enrolled as a full-time student with interest in the petroleum industry; and an SPE member.
The application deadline is 15 December 2017.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by a committee through a competitive process. Students submitting applications for scholarships must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled full-time in any diploma or degree program with interest in entering the petroleum industry (note that programs outside of engineering and graduate level programs do qualify).
- Be an SPE member at the time of your application. If you are not a member, you can easily register for free at www.spe.org/join
- Hold satisfactory academic standing (as determined by the SPE Scholarship Committee).
- Be involved in extra-curricular activities through SPE, university, community, or other volunteer work.
Scholarship applications must follow the guidelines below and include all the following files:
- A cover letter no longer than 350 words addressed to Mr. Matthew Ryan, SPECEF Student Scholarships. Cover letter must address the following:
- Why do you deserve this scholarship?
- How would this scholarship benefit you?
- What are your extra-curricular activities and/or SPE involvements?
- A copy of your current resume.
- A copy of your latest transcripts (unofficial is acceptable).
- A completed copy of the Scholarship Application Form (pdf).
- All submissions shall be PDF format, file size no larger than 5 MB consolidated.
*Please note that the quality of your application will be taken into account by an SPE Scholarship
Committee. Make sure you have all documents enclosed and that they are clear and readable. Please refrain from submitting additional documents that are not supporting your application directly.