- Discounted member registration to conferences, workshops, and courses with direct access to innovative technologies, technical knowledge and interaction with colleagues to help you continue your professional development
- Special pricing on books and subscriptions to SPE periodicals supplying you with professional resources you can use everyday
- Access to OnePetro, one of the industry’s largest online technical libraries allowing you to search, purchase, and download more than 90,000 technical documents from multiple professional societies
- Opportunities to present technical papers in a journal or at a conference sharing knowledge with your peers
- Leadership and volunteer opportunities helping you build industry relationships though service to the society
- A Career Center with tools aiding your continuous development of new skills
- Automatically qualified for membership with AAPG and SEG
- Access to historical AIME transactions
Use the SPE Member Icon on email signatures, online profiles, or printed material such as resumes or business cards to promote your membership in SPE and your professionalism.
The SPE Member Icon is an SPE member benefit and should not be shared with others who are not SPE members.
Instructions to download:
- Click here and log in, if prompted.
- Right-click the image and select "Save as". Alternatively, you can press Ctrl+S (Command+S on Mac).
- Ensure the image is saved with extension .jpg.
Who can use the icon:
- Only SPE professional members in good standing may use the SPE Member Icon to indicate SPE membership and only to indicate membership.
- Student members are permitted to use the SPE Student Member Icon, and cannot use the SPE Member Icon until they become professional members in good standing.
- Under no circumstances may any member use the SPE Member Icon in such a manner that the sponsorship, endorsement, approval or sanction of SPE could be construed or in the promotion of non-SPE products or programs.
- No member may redraw, alter or graphically distort the SPE Member Icon. It may not be outlined or combined with any other symbol
The icon may not be used by the following:
- Non-members, including former members whose membership has lapsed due to nonpayment of dues.
- Any company or organization, since SPE is an individual membership organization
SPE reserves the right to disallow any use of the SPE Member Icon.
Health, life, auto and homeowner insurance programs
The programs offer a broad range of reliable and affordable plans. Unlike employer-provided coverages, the SPE Plans can continue to protect you, even if you change jobs.
Lands’ End Business Outfitters Merchandise
Members receive a 10% discount on
apparel or merchandise and you can have the SPE or Energy4me logo added, or you can simply purchase undecorated items. You can
shop online at ces.landsend.com/SPE, or call
800-419-1097 in the US. Outside the US, choose your items online and then email firstname.lastname@example.org or
call +1-608-935-8397 to complete your order. Be sure to mention "Society of
Car Rental Discounts
Members can receive car rental discounts from any of three car rental
agencies. The discounts vary and make sure you use the SPE identification number for each agency.
- Avis - In the US
and Canada, SPE members can make reservations online or call 1.800.331.1212.
Use the SPE discount number T124200.
- Budget - In the
US and Canada, SPE members can make reservations online or call 1.800.455.2848.
Use the CorpRate Association number T583000.
Hertz - Members of the Society of Petroleum Engineers can save up to 15% off your car rental with Hertz. Your discount CDP#55031 is the key!
Wherever your travel takes you, close to home or around the world, your CDP#55031 is the key to special savings. Be sure to include it in all of your reservations. Click here for the lowest rates, special offers and information about Hertz locations, vehicles and services. To make reservations by phone: in the US, +1-800-654-2210, Canada +1-800-263-0600 or International +1-800-654-3001.
A membership of more than 110,000 members in 141 countries creating a global network of knowledge and experience
- Local meetings through more than 176 SPE Sections connecting you with industry professionals in your area
- Young Professional programs enabling professionals age 35 and younger to share career advancement opportunities and more
- World-renowned SPE Distinguished Lecturer Program bringing global industry experts to speak to local SPE Sections
- Specialized online communities giving you local access to the global experience of SPE members worldwide
- Each year, more than 100 regional and international conferences and workshops are offered providing convenient access and comprehensive technical coverage
Specialized technical information in SPE’s peer-reviewed journals providing focused, reviewed technical information
- The industry’s most reliable and credible technology resource, the Journal of Petroleum Technology (JPT)
- Community outreach resources like Energy4me offering you tools to teach young people about energy
- Knowledge sharing through the eMentoring program allowing experienced members to share their expertise with younger members
- Opportunities for industry recognition through prestigious awards programs honoring members for their professional contributions to SPE and the industry