Policy on Program Committee Development
In order to promote growth in the volunteer pool, provide demographic diversity, and infuse new ideas and thinking among Program Committees, the following should be considered when new members are proposed for approval:
- At least 20% new members every year.
- No more than 10% membership from any one company.
- At least 10% of committee should be young professionals (YPs) as defined by SPEI.
- Anyone who has served more than 6 years on a committee must be rotated off for at least one event cycle.
- If this is more than 50% of a Program Committee, then the committee may submit a multi-year implementation plan to TPM.
Exceptions and multiyear plans will be reviewed by Staff and approved by TPM Board Committee chair.