Emerging knowledge and resources on prevailing energy topics from SPE industry experts, curated exclusively for SPE members
SPE is firmly focused on the future of our industry. Here, our member experts focus on carbon capture, utilization and storage, including the goals of net zero. Join in the discussion of new technologies, challenges and opportunities, the latest news and developments, and opportunities to grow your knowledge.
Discussing New Technologies and Opportunities
Latest Carbon Capture News: Journal of Petroleum Technology
01 November 2022
A consortium of 20 organizations, REX-CO2, including research institutions, operators, and regulatory authorities, studied mature wells in two areas of the UK Continental Shelf. Subsurface data were evaluated and verified the wells’ potential suitability for both reuse and CO2 injection and storage.
01 November 2022
The CO2 capture capacity of all CCS facilities under development increased 44% over the past 12 months, bringing the total capacity of those projects to 244 mtpa of CO2.
13 October 2022
The US giant joins CF Industries and EnLink on a development that could capture and permanently store 2 million metric tons of carbon dioxide starting in 2025.
10 October 2022
Occidental Petroleum is considered one of the upstream industry’s most dynamic companies after making major investments to boost oil and gas production while also scaling up low-carbon technologies.
28 September 2022
Texas and Louisiana are stepping up efforts to assume regulatory authority for an emerging wave of carbon capture and storage projects.
14 September 2022
The CStore1 project aims to prove that floating storage and injection facilities are competitive with pipelines and fixed offshore infrastructure.
- Role of Oil and Gas Industry in Meeting Climate Goals Through Carbon Capture, Storage and Utilization CCUS
- Climate Change, the Energy Industry, and the Role of Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage
- The Importance of CO2 Composition Specification in the CCUS Chain
- CCUS in China: Challenges and Opportunities
- Latest Technologies and Methods for Carbon Capture and Underground Gas Storage
- Design of Carbon Capture and Sequestration CCS Wells
- A Toolkit for Offshore Carbon Capture and Storage CCS
- The Role of CCS in the Path to Net-zero Emissions — The European Case
Continue the Discussion
Join your colleagues on the SPE Connect CCUS Discussion Group
Find more resources in the Health, Safety, Environment, and Sustainability technical discipline community