Emerging knowledge and resources on prevailing energy topics from SPE industry experts, curated exclusively for SPE members
SPE is firmly focused on the future of our industry. Here, our member experts focus on carbon capture, utilization and storage, including the goals of net zero. Join in the discussion of new technologies, challenges and opportunities, the latest news and developments, and opportunities to grow your knowledge.
Discussing New Technologies and Opportunities
Latest Carbon Capture News: Journal of Petroleum Technology
30 November 2023
A surge in permit applications for long-term carbon storage sites reflects where industrially produced carbon dioxide can be harvested, and where the necessary pipelines are.
28 November 2023
The captured carbon dioxide will be permanently sequestered in the Cameron Parish CO2 Hub to be located offshore Louisiana.
15 November 2023
Several projects have been scrapped across the US as inflation causes project costs to soar, while projects in Costa Rica and Rotterdam move forward.
08 November 2023
New York-based BlackRock will put more than half a billion dollars into Occidental's first direct air capture project, which is now 30% completed.
06 November 2023
In the US, localized opposition and regulatory uncertainty are threatening to kill or severely limit the use of carbon capture, use, and storage (CCUS) in the fight against climate change.
- Role of Oil and Gas Industry in Meeting Climate Goals Through Carbon Capture, Storage and Utilization CCUS
- Climate Change, the Energy Industry, and the Role of Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage
- The Importance of CO2 Composition Specification in the CCUS Chain
- CCUS in China: Challenges and Opportunities
- Latest Technologies and Methods for Carbon Capture and Underground Gas Storage
- Design of Carbon Capture and Sequestration CCS Wells
- A Toolkit for Offshore Carbon Capture and Storage CCS
- The Role of CCS in the Path to Net-zero Emissions — The European Case
Continue the Discussion
Join your colleagues on the SPE Connect CCUS Discussion Group
Find more resources in the Health, Safety, Environment, and Sustainability technical discipline community