Numerous scholarships are available for degrees in the energy industry worldwide. Check out the following organizations to see details on the funds they have available.
- Petroleum Engineering – The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) scholarship funds are available from many sources for students interested in pursuing careers in the oil and gas industry. Scholarships are offered throughout the world by SPE, the SPE Foundation, local SPE sections, and others.
- Geology – The Association of Environmental & Engineering Geologists (AEG)Foundation is dedicated to advancing research, education, and public awareness in the field of engineering geology and the related fields of environmental geology and hydrogeology. The programs of the Foundation are supported by public and corporate donations and by bequests. The AEG Foundation manages ten funds, including four scholarships.
- Chemical Engineering – The American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) gives scholarships to exemplary high school seniors to encourage them in their endeavors in chemical engineering. The Institute is committed to introducing high school students to careers in Fuels & Petrochemicals through its programs, helping to fulfil the industry’s need for top talent.
- Mining, Metallurgy, and Petroleum Engineering – The American Institute of Mining, Metallurgical, and Petroleum Engineers (AIME) Benjamin J Fairless Scholarships assist a full-time undergraduate student with a genuine demonstrated interest in a career in the iron and steel industry and majoring in the field of metallurgy, materials science, chemical, electrical, mechanical, industrial, and computer engineering at an accredited U.S. college or university. In addition, the Society for Mining, Metallurgy, and Exploration (SME) Foundation offers multiple scholarships to student members who are interested in a career in the minerals industry.
- Geophysics and Geosciences – The Society of Exploration Geophysicists (SEG)Foundation Scholarships encourage the study of geophysics and related geosciences.
- Mechanical Engineering – The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)Foundation offers several scholarship and financial support opportunities for students pursuing degrees in mechanical engineering.
- Nuclear Engineering – The American Nuclear Society (ANS)plays an important role in helping students complete their post-high school education and prepare for careers in nuclear science and technology (NS&T). More than 20 scholarships named after pioneers and leaders in NS&T and other general scholarships are awarded each year to students with outstanding academic credentials.
- Electrical Engineering – The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) offers a variety of scholarships, grants, and fellowships for students pursuing electrical engineering.
- Desk and Derrick Educational Trust – The Association of Desk and Derrick Clubs' (ADDC) Educational Trust was created for the purpose of awarding annual scholarships to students attending accredited colleges and universities offering degrees in geology, chemical and petroleum engineering.