Thank you for attending the SPE Workshop.
Plan your attendance to other SPE events in your region or technical area.
Over the last 20 years, intelligent wellbore technologies have evolved from piloting and trial-testing, to field implementation. Access to new data has allowed operators to better understand the downhole conditions for optimizing production. Still, it remains a daunting task.
Presenters discussed the current state of the intelligent well technologies, with a balance of both thermal, conventional, and unconventional applications. Priority was given to case histories describing advances in measuring, modeling, and manipulating production data to maximize asset value.
Topics discussed will included:
- Lessons learned from other regions where intelligent wells are used and how to adapt those technologies to conventional and unconventional operations in Canada
- Case histories from Canada
- Production optimization by collecting all downhole data available
- Field development strategy optimization
- Data acquisition and visualization hardware
- Data modeling and analysis software
- Consistent handling of operational uncertainties
- Application of artificial intelligence and machine learning approaches to intelligent wells