Monday, November 28
This 1-day course is an introduction to design and optimization of Flow-Control-Devices (FCDs) and to thermodynamics and pressure-volume-temperature (PVT) in horizontal wells in Thermal Recovery Operations for both SAGD and SA-SAGD. The interaction between reservoir and FCD, and design charts created to evaluate the response of the FCD are discussed.
The following topics will be covered:
- Different types of the Flow-Control-Devices defining their characteristic curves, and Operating Principles of FCDs
- The review of Previous Use of the Flow-Control-Devices in Canadian SAGD projects: pros and cons.
- Introduction to thermodynamics and pressure-volume-temperature (PVT): basic law such as: Clausius-Clapeyron Equation, Dalton's law, Henry's Law and Raoult’s law are explained and practical examples such as temperature reduction in chamber due to NCG injection, and temperature reduction at Azeotropic point in ES-SAGD process will be solved numerically.
- Production Challenges in Solvent Operation: Liquid-pool model and concept will be explained and concern with steam trap control for Nsolv will be discussed and numerically explained.
- Effects of Steam quality on Inflow- Control-Devices (ICD) and Outflow-Control-Devices (OCD).
- Flashing effect in FCD for both SAGD and SA-SAGD applications
- Liquid Pool modeling: a method to calculate the liquid pool level from temperature profile in observation wells will be discussed, and an algebraic equation for liquid pool depletion based on wellbore drawdown, subcool and emulsion productivity is generated and discussed in practical examples. A minimum subcool concept (or target reservoir subcool) is discussed and calculated as a function of skin and pressure draw-down.
Tuesday, November 29
|1045-1115||212143||Lwd Acquisition Of Caliper And Drilling Mechanics As A New Approach On Geothermal Drilling Operation, A Case Study In Sorik Marapi Field - Indonesia|
|1115-1145||Geothermal Gradient Anomalies in High Enthalpy Geothermal Well Design|
|1145-1215||Use of InSAR (Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar) to Identify, Predict and Prevent Mechanical Well Failures due to Production or Injection Induced Ground Deformation|
|1330-1400||212141||Feasibility Study Of Premium Casing Connection With Titanium Alloy For High-temperature Geothermal Applications|
|1400-1430||Cased-Hole Cement Plug Learnings at Cold Lake|
|Alternate||212142||A Success Story Of Detecting The Source Of Gas Leak In Annulus “b” Using Total Well Integrity Assessment Tools And The Remedial Action In An Oil Well Of Kuwait Oil Company|
Wednesday, November 30
This session will feature presentations from industry SMEs.
|1045-1115||212144||Flow Assurance Management In Geothermal Production Wells|
|1115-1145||SCVF on Wheels - A Novel, Portable, Plug-in Solution for SAGD Vent Flow Monitoring|
|1145-1215||Strat-Log High Density In-situ Monitoring|
|Alternate||212145||Integrated Optimization Of Hybrid Steam-Solvent Injection In Post-CHOPS Reservoirs With Consideration Of Wormhole Networks And Foamy Oil Flow|
|1400-1430||The Power (and Pitfalls) of Data-Driven Torque-and-Drag Analysis for Planning Liner Runs in SAGD Wells|
|1430-1500||An Artificial Lift System That Supports The Sustainability Of The Oil And Gas Industry|
|Alternate||212146||Challenges Associated with the Acid Gases Production and Capture in Hydrocarbons Reservoirs: A Critical Review of the Venezuelan Cases|
|Alternate||212147||Field Trial Of Nitrogen-assisted Cyclic Steam Stimulation In Post-chops Wells, Case Study In Sudan|
Thursday, December 01
|0830-0900||212150||Probabilistic Analysis Of Mechanical, Operational, And Subsurface Factors Involved In Casing Failures And Application Of Machine Learning To Predict Casing Integrity Loss In The San Joaquin Valley|
|0900-0930||212153||Automation of Calculation and Management for HPHT Well Operating Limits - WIMS Coupled Engineering Analysis Approach|
|0930-1000||Digital Eyes to Monitor Observation Wells - A Journey to Manage Observation Wells by Exception|
|1000-1030||212151||Individual Barriers Corrosion Monitoring Using Electromagnetic Measurements|
|Alternate||Data Analytics Applications for Thermal Monitoring and Leak Detection|
|1115-1145||212149||Evaluating The Performance Of Tubing Deployed Inflow Control Devices (TD-ICDs) In Wellbore Optimization|
|1145-1215||212152||Data-driven Decision-making Strategy For Thermal Well Completion|
|1215-1245||212148||Laboratory Experiment And Field Application Of A Wet Phase Modified Expandable Graphite Steam Plugging Agent In Heavy Oil Reservoir|