Establish a Student Chapter
Students at a university offering a four-year degree related to the oil and gas industry may petition to form an official SPE student chapter. If the university does not have a four-year program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please follow the process below to complete the necessary petition before submitting to SPE.
To begin the process of forming a chapter:
- Determine if there are at least 15 students at the university who want to be SPE members and graduate at least 12 months after the establishment date.
- Ask for a letter of support on university letterhead from the department head.
- Ask a faculty member to serve as your advisor, and ensure they review the Faculty Advisor Roles and Responsibilities.
- Find the section closest to the university and request a letter of support.
- Call a meeting of the interested students and elect officers.
- Submit the following to email@example.com:
- Letter of support from your university department head indicating name of program and courses/modules
- Letter of support from your local section
- Completed Broadcast Email Request Form (Word doc)
- Completed Petition Form
Upon approval, a new chapter will receive the following items:
- Chapter charter
- Chapter logos
- Stationary template